Not SD, but...
- tomnilll
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
- Location: Oceanside
- Has thanked: 398 times
- Been thanked: 681 times
Not SD, but...
Went to new water for me today and will likely be first and last trip to Lake Skinner. Not bad really, just lots of walking(not easy like Hodges) and too hot. But I did land 10 and lost a few and the most remarkable was a 12 inch 3 lb fish that must have eaten a frog (I squeezed arounf a bit and it felt like a frog) Anyway, here are a few samples...
This is the frog eater...although I did stick with my frog for quite a while and never got a bite.
I have to add that I got there in plenty of time for a topwater bite, but spent all of that time waiting in line to get in...a tourney I guess...a few more pics and I'll shut up...
I have to add that I got there in plenty of time for a topwater bite, but spent all of that time waiting in line to get in...a tourney I guess...a few more pics and I'll shut up...
-
MaxZmus
- Mega Pro Angler
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:20 pm
- Has thanked: 463 times
- Been thanked: 127 times
Re: Not SD, but...
That place is a gem. There’s a reason why Working Class Zero spends a lot of his time there and he definitely pulls donkeys out of there.
- JWall
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 985
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
- Has thanked: 3384 times
- Been thanked: 1234 times
- tomnilll
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
- Location: Oceanside
- Has thanked: 398 times
- Been thanked: 681 times
Re: Not SD, but...
Seems to me that fishing there from a boat would be like cheating...too easy. May as well try the tank at bassproshops...
#shorepounderforlife
- tomnilll
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
- Location: Oceanside
- Has thanked: 398 times
- Been thanked: 681 times
Re: Not SD, but...
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
-
Mark_Nilsen
- Angler
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 3:24 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 7 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
Re: Not SD, but...
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 amGood point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
- tomnilll
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
- Location: Oceanside
- Has thanked: 398 times
- Been thanked: 681 times
Re: Not SD, but...
I did not see anything except bass boats, but the have a separate ramp for personal powered vehicles...Mark_Nilsen wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 amHi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 amGood point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
- JWall
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 985
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
- Has thanked: 3384 times
- Been thanked: 1234 times
Re: Not SD, but...
Christmas is around the corner!tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:28 amI did not see anything except bass boats, but the have a separate ramp for personal powered vehicles...Mark_Nilsen wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 amHi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 amGood point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests