Great Early!

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
JWall
Extreme Angler

Great Early!

Post by JWall »

Got on it early with a spectacular lightning show motoring out in Hauser. The pics don’t do it justice! Anyway as often happens with approaching storms, the bite was good. Got first and biggest fish on a new 4 bladed white spinnerbait, followed by more on flukes, splitshot worms deeper, then the boils started and the swimming minnows did the trick. Finally met up with Early Release Dave and had triples going at one point. Sadly the winds jumped up fast and we all decided discretion was the better part of valor. Great yet short morning at Big B!
Attachments
IMG_0597.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_3932.jpeg
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Great Early!

Post by JWall »

Also rescued/towed John Kim back to the dock with a dead motor on the way back. He showed his gratitude by sliding us one of his hand painted rattletraps. Cool lure that you know will have some magic 😉🎣
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Hey John, Nice pics of the lightning. Good to see you. That was nice that you were able to tow someone back. I wouldn't have wanted to be stuck with a dead motor today.
jkim
Angler

Post by jkim »

Thank you so much for the tow! When that mid morning wind started picking up and my outboard wouldn't start, I immediately started back to the dock from the middle of Hauser. I could not make any headway on the trolling motor once I got into the main lake so I beached the skiff and sat there for a while. Luckily, you and your friend showed up and gave me a much needed tow. Thank you!
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

jkim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:14 pm Thank you so much for the tow! When that mid morning wind started picking up and my outboard wouldn't start, I immediately started back to the dock from the middle of Hauser. I could not make any headway on the trolling motor once I got into the main lake so I beached the skiff and sat there for a while. Luckily, you and your friend showed up and gave me a much needed tow. Thank you!
You are absolutely welcome and never a thought not to assist. As a boat owner myself, I know my day will come sometime and I now have a bit of good karma saved up 😉 Oh and I already have hooks on your lure. Can’t wait to throw it!!
jmytuna
Angler

Post by jmytuna »

jkim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:14 pm Thank you so much for the tow! When that mid morning wind started picking up and my outboard wouldn't start, I immediately started back to the dock from the middle of Hauser. I could not make any headway on the trolling motor once I got into the main lake so I beached the skiff and sat there for a while. Luckily, you and your friend showed up and gave me a much needed tow. Thank you!

Geez
Im glad I said no to your invite for Sat since Im still recovering from Cedros. :o
jkim
Angler

Post by jkim »

jmytuna wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:18 pm Geez
Im glad I said no to your invite for Sat since Im still recovering from Cedros. :o
Woulda picked a different boat if you came and the day would've turned out completely different!

Short video clip
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Did you get any footage of the white caps in Hauser? I thought I was going to swamp when I had to run parallel to the wind getting out of the back bay.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Cool video…those northerns pull hard. I always think I have a better fish!