9/30 @ Da Murr

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by Dannicus »

The pattern I established Monday held true on Wednesday. It was BFS crankbaits early, then down to the bottom (15-25 feet) with a Carolina rig after it started warming up. Final count was down to 12 from Monday's 14, but no dinks or bluegills in the mix this time. All the BFS fish were solid and upper twos, with the deeper fish being some upper threes and even a four.

Incidentally, my Carolina rig is a bit unique I think. I used a standard brass and glass on the bottom, with a long 6-foot leader to a Z-man Mag Fatty Z worm. I noticed on my down imaging scope that the bass seem to be suspending off the bottom. That particular worm is incredibly buoyant, so it floated way up, and it sure seemed to work. The rig is nearly impossible to cast from my float tube, but hey you get what you get.

Here's a few pics to satisfy your fish porn craving.
IMG_20260930_120725162_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260930_090648973_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260930_083648213_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260930_082351056_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260930_075344126_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260930_072617877_HDR_AE.jpg
Last edited by Dannicus on Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
vito1023
Extreme Angler
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 462 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by vito1023 »

Great job and post, you never disappoint.
vito1023
Extreme Angler
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 462 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by vito1023 »

Great job and post, you never disappoint.
Have you ever been skunked?
I’m going to start calling you Skunkless.
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by VinnyBass »

Very, very nice job again Dan.
Those bass are on the chew amd those are some fat ones! Thanks for sharing and don’t melt out with the extreme hot weather coming.
Tight lines always amigo :-)
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by Dannicus »

vito1023 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:33 am Great job and post, you never disappoint.
Have you ever been skunked?
I’m going to start calling you Skunkless.
Of course I've been skunked...several times this year in fact lol
Moose
Extreme Angler
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by Moose »

Nice work! I have used Z-Man and Strike King super plastics when C-rigging in grass, usually at Cap or Otay, for several years to keep the bait above the grass. I love the fact that when you drag it, the bait dives down, usually into the grass, and then slowly floats back up. The trick has always seemed to be having the patience to allow the bait to float all the way back up before dragging again.
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by Dannicus »

Moose wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:02 am Nice work! I have used Z-Man and Strike King super plastics when C-rigging in grass, usually at Cap or Otay, for several years to keep the bait above the grass. I love the fact that when you drag it, the bait dives down, usually into the grass, and then slowly floats back up. The trick has always seemed to be having the patience to allow the bait to float all the way back up before dragging again.
I like to lift it and then let it settle fully before moving it again, or just kinda twitch it in place.
Moose
Extreme Angler
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by Moose »

Dannicus wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:26 pm I like to lift it and then let it settle fully before moving it again, or just kinda twitch it in place.
I see, so you kind of fish in reverse of how I have been fishing it. Interesting!
User avatar
KillinTime
Extreme Angler
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 635 times

Re: 9/30 @ Da Murr

Post by KillinTime »

Sounds like a solid So Cal Carolina Rig
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest