Barrett Report June 19

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett Report June 19

Post by Early release »

Got out at 0430 with Chuck and Joe. Of course we all headed different ways, Chuck to a cove where he had success last week and I pedaled to Becky's cove. Joe passed me on the way to Hauser and that was the last I saw of him today. Air was a little chilly at 54F, slight wind, but water a pleasant 75 F.

Got to the shallow part of Becky's cove and the whopper plopper was well suited to buzzing over the grass and gave a me a couple nice bass in the dark. Worked the perimeter with combos of whopper plopper, crawler and popper. All of them had takers. Got a couple nice bluegills on the popper too. Worked that area until about 0730 and then noticed the surface activity in the middle of Hauser. That went on until 0930 or so, when I headed back to avoid the windy conditions. Seemed like everyone was having some success with the busters, but the trick seemed to be find several of them and then the cast had to be perfect. Small jigs and flukes were also working. I am horrified, shocked and aghast to report, I didn't catch a single jerkbait fish. I don't know what to do with that information.

Wind did come up. Water was 78 when I was heading out.
Love catching them in the dark, almost before 5AM
Love catching them in the dark, almost before 5AM
That's an angry bluegill
That's an angry bluegill
Fish of the day for me. 4 pounds.
Fish of the day for me. 4 pounds.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Report June 19

Post by Pourboy »

Great job! Thanks for the report. It’s nice when they are hitting on everything!
jmytuna
Angler

Post by jmytuna »

Nice
Good seeing you guys again
Ended getting a few to eat the frog in the back
Wolfpack showed up mid lake and were eating small 2.5 inch swimbait
Attachments
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0828.jpeg
IMG_0842.jpeg
IMG_0839.jpeg
IMG_0835.jpeg
Last edited by jmytuna on Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Nice report brotha those bluegills really put up a solid 7 second fight 😆....
Jesus saves 🙌
619bassin
Pro Angler

Post by 619bassin »

Even with the wind I managed to kept the popper going all day. Biggest was 4.5, ended up @40 mostly top water and spooks
Attachments
IMG_4472.jpeg
IMG_4467.jpeg
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Pourboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:34 pm Great job! Thanks for the report. It’s nice when they are hitting on everything!
Except the jerkbait. It was so strange. Those are my go to lures.
Dannicus
Extreme Angler

Post by Dannicus »

Early release wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:05 pm Got out at 0430 with Chuck and Joe. Of course we all headed different ways, Chuck to a cove where he had success last week and I pedaled to Becky's cove. Joe passed me on the way to Hauser and that was the last I saw of him today. Air was a little chilly at 54F, slight wind, but water a pleasant 75 F.

Got to the shallow part of Becky's cove and the whopper plopper was well suited to buzzing over the grass and gave a me a couple nice bass in the dark. Worked the perimeter with combos of whopper plopper, crawler and popper. All of them had takers. Got a couple nice bluegills on the popper too. Worked that area until about 0730 and then noticed the surface activity in the middle of Hauser. That went on until 0930 or so, when I headed back to avoid the windy conditions. Seemed like everyone was having some success with the busters, but the trick seemed to be find several of them and then the cast had to be perfect. Small jigs and flukes were also working. I am horrified, shocked and aghast to report, I didn't catch a single jerkbait fish. I don't know what to do with that information.

Wind did come up. Water was 78 when I was heading out. thumbnail_IMG_2090.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2091.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2105.jpg
Awesome!!! Thanks for the report. I need to get to Barrett again. I went for the first time last year and it was amazing.