Barrett report July 29th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report July 29th

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Here's my report on Barrett today. Got there at the usual time and got on the water right at 0430. Pedaled over to Hauser, and started throwing noisy topwaters in the dark. Heard some thunder and saw some flashes in the distance. Had some light rain in the dark by me. Kept working back in Hauser and it was a bit slow. For the day I got 9 bass. 7 on the popper, 2 on jerkbaits. I think the fish might be moving deeper and not cruising the edge of the lake in the shallows as much as they were. It also rained a bit. Not a lot of rain, but there was definitely a front moving through. Wind came up early and fast. Wind calmed down for a bit around 1000 and they were busting a bit. Picked up 7 more bass on the busting. All on jerkbaits, except for one that came on a stick bait. The busters were a smaller crowd today, they were a little over a pound. The biggest one was 2 pounds, 3 ounces in that batch. All the earlier bass were 2 pounds or so. Water temp ranged from 81 to 84. Getting warm in the water. Talking to others, it seemed a little quiet, ranging from a few fish to the same kind of numbers I got. Also got 4 bluegills on the jerkbait. Gotta love their commitment.
The aforementioned rain...
The aforementioned rain...
My big fish of the day, 2 pounds, 8 ounces
My big fish of the day, 2 pounds, 8 ounces
The busters were a little smaller.
The busters were a little smaller.
Surferjohn
Angler

Re: Barrett report July 29th

Post by Surferjohn »

You my friend have Barrett Fever. Turning into a true Barrett junkie. Keep the reports coming.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett report July 29th

Post by Early release »

Surferjohn wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:10 am You my friend have Barrett Fever. Turning into a true Barrett junkie. Keep the reports coming.
It's hard not to have Barrett Fever. What an amazing place.