Barrett report July 26th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report July 26th

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Barrett provided today. Here's the details though. Met Chuck at 0415 at pigs and we went our separate but similar ways, knowing we'd meet up later. At 0430 there was that light wind from the north and temp was already warm. Water temp was 80. I went to the mouth of Hauser and Becky's cove, managed to get a total of 8 bass the biggest being a 3 pound 5 ounce fish that fought like a tuna.
Big bubba award for the day for me
Big bubba award for the day for me
Nature moment of the day was watching an Osprey not get a fish. Pretty cool to see the attempt though. Didn't get a picture of that, but here's a picture of him thinking about better times.
I have to think about fish I missed too.
I have to think about fish I missed too.
Wandered in the shallows of Hauser with mostly topwaters and got 5 more. Thinking it was a bit slow. Hadn't seen many ( maybe any ) topwater boils. And then we did. The topwater chase turned on and there were boils pretty much anywhere you'd look. It was a blast, and I think whatever you threw in the area was actually ok. I was throwing the usual jerkbait which is my personal favorite lure, but everyone was catching. It lasted for about an hour and then got both quiet and windy. It seems there's a perfect amount of wind to really get things moving. Also, the water got up to a toasty 85. Ended the day with 22 bass. Done fishing around 1200.
The typical fish on the boils.
The typical fish on the boils.
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Re: Barrett report July 26th

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Sounds like a nice day almost like mine .... landed about 20 or so bass with biggest being 3.5 3.6... i have to say a barret 2 pound fish fights like a otay 4 pounder ...what jerkbait did you throw?
Jesus saves 🙌
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

I agree with you both on Barrett bass’s fighting strength! My biggest weighed 4 on the janky scale I swear I’m going to replace but it fought like a 5 or 6. A super fun day despite the heat.
619bassin
Pro Angler

Post by 619bassin »

Great times Dave! If you can manage the heat, now is the time.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Pond_prowler_619 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:47 pm Sounds like a nice day almost like mine .... landed about 20 or so bass with biggest being 3.5 3.6... i have to say a barret 2 pound fish fights like a otay 4 pounder ...what jerkbait did you throw?
Hi, my favorite is a #7 or #9 Rapala, either floating or sinking, but I don't let it sink much. I mostly use the sinking for more weight to cast farther.