Barrett report July 22nd

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report July 22nd

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Barrett was a bit quiet for me today. Got on the water at 0430 as planned, pedaled over to Pine Arm with a plan to fish all the little bays and alcoves on the west side of pine arm. I also was doing a little testing and was trying some new lures and colors. Maybe I should change only one thing. Got 10 bass, 2 bluegills. Biggest bass was 3 pounds 0 ounces, smallest one was a likely 2 pounder. Water temp was 78 when I got in the water and only got to 82 at noon. Wind came up at 1030 and it was a bit nautical returning from Pine all the way to pigs. There's fish in Pine Creek arm, there is no question, they just weren't buying what I was selling. I was getting little bass ( 12 inches or so) following my jerkbait, but they wouldn't bite it. Occasionally something substantial would also follow, but not bite. Got a lot of missed popper bites also. They'd seem to be just behind it. Also threw zara spook, whopper plopper, crazy crawler, jig and crankbait. Not a lot of activity for me. 6 popper fish, 2 jerkbait fish, 1 crankbait fish and 1 zara spook fish.

Heard from someone else that the main lake had it's moments and there were fish busting and a few boats were on them and doing some good numbers. By the time I came through that area, the fish had left, and as you'd expect, the folks to back up the claim. I can say that I saw very little surface activity back in pine creek arm. To me, they just seemed a little quiet today.
This is my favorite kind of sunrise
This is my favorite kind of sunrise
The big fish today.
The big fish today.
objetty
Angler

Re: Barrett report July 22nd

Post by objetty »

Yeah, they were busting lake crazy and chasing bait in a giant circle (think 400 yard diameter, at least) at the very beginning of the Pine arm just north of where the port-a-potty used to be at the Hauser/Pine split.

I managed a 4 pounder on a keitech out in the middle (among other basically 2 pounders). They were moving so fast it was hard to keep up with them so we decided to sit and wait for them to come back around and managed to get several that way.

niceone.jpeg
scale.jpeg

Glad there was some cloud cover otherwise it would have been brutal out there today.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

There we go, it's confirmed. :) Nice job on the busters. I cannot wait to be near a school when it happens. Last year I was in Pine arm with a couple buddies and they started blowing up in between all of us. We had so much fun. Isn't fishing great?
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Thanks guys for the info. Going Wednesday.
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Hey brotha what popper did you use? Im not having luck with any poppers this year
Jesus saves 🙌
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Pond_prowler_619 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:45 pm Hey brotha what popper did you use? Im not having luck with any poppers this year
Any popper you want, as long as it's dark. I have used Hula Popper 2.0, Megabass, Googan and Rapala. As long as it's dark on bottom, I have been lucky. Almost every one is on the pause, also, so you can enjoy missing a lot of fish with a hook set.