San V and friends...

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

San V and friends...

Post by Mcfish »

Bass and friends..what more can you ask for? I started the day by running into Ramona Angler at the docks, and sharing the latest tips and San V info. I got on the water around 6:00 and proceeded to lose a nice fish right off the bat! The bite seemed a little tougher than the last couple weeks, but I managed a few clones the next couple hours. I then round a point and notice some guy jigging a spoon twenty feet off the bank and immediately knew it had to be Spoon-Master Vinny! Only a masochist would fish a spoon in less than 40' at San V! I gave Vinny a couple recommendations on areas to fish and off he went...not knowing that I sent him to one of the nastiest tree and brush (and fish) infected shorelines. I continued to run into clones with a few decent fish mixed in and ended the day around 1:00. The water temps were between 77-80, the water level continues to go up a couple feet a week, and the water visibility is getting clearer each week..looking more like normal San V. I finished with 12 fish, mostly fishing 15'-20' deep. If you want more quantity, there's a bunch of smaller fish tight to the bank around the brush. There's a bunch of bass and bluegill fry around the brush, but nothing of size chasing them. There's still no sign of deepwater busters, but there are some fish schooling around 30'..just ask the SpoonMaster!
20230710_114344.jpg
20230710_084444.jpg
RamonaAngler
Angler

Re: San V and friends...

Post by RamonaAngler »

Great to chat with you at the dock yesterday morning. I ended up with 3. Had a nice 4+ lb frog fish on up at the North end. He jumped once, I put my rod tip down and reached for my net, he jumped again and shook the frog out of his mouth. ARGH!!!! Good to see Mr Vinny Bass out on the water, too. Like McFish said, the water is warm and still rising and the water seems much clearer this week, too. Tight lines @Mcfish Thanks for the report!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

After I caught one on a T-rigged craw bait...I saw a few bass on the finder and thought why not drop a spoon down there just for the
heck of it.I caught a bass and then a few more followed but they were pretty small. It was funny as I could feel a boat approaching and
wish I could have taken a pic of the look on your face when you saw it was me. Like I can't believe you are here and are you crazy
dropping a spoon down there. You may have sobered me up(did not have a drink) as I immediately switched to worming after seeing
you pull in bass. Your tree infested spot helped me learn that fishing can be frustrating and costly as I broke off a number of worm/craw
related baits(but at least I did not lose any spoons earlier in the morning). Since I have not been avoiding Sutherland, it was nice to see
you again and fun sharing a few laughs with you and RamonaAngler. By the way, that walk up the ramp in that heat was crazy and the
fact that I not in the ER and writing this comment is a blessing. :-)
Tight lines and thanks for sharing.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

I haven't figured out why no matter how high the water level gets, the hike up the ramp keeps getting longer??? Maybe the hotter it gets, the longer that hike feels!! I've noticed that the shuttle cart heads down the ramp after I've already reached the top! I've given more than a couple people rides up the ramp when pulling my boat out.
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

Seems like the quality at the V is starting to get better! Nice work!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

CorsoEnthusiast wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:58 pm Seems like the quality at the V is starting to get better! Nice work!
There's alot of fry to feed on now! No sign of silversides or shad though. The fish definitely have fatter bellies now!
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:10 pm
CorsoEnthusiast wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:58 pm Seems like the quality at the V is starting to get better! Nice work!
There's alot of fry to feed on now! No sign of silversides or shad though. The fish definitely have fatter bellies now!
Definitely saw some silverside activity up shallow early this morning. Quality theme kept going today. Lots of healthy fish!
AD832790-2E1E-4302-BC3A-716E8F4C831C.jpeg
C78DFA9F-8A56-497B-A931-EB5345EA9C10.jpeg
87942238-5B69-4D51-9665-3AC5DD9E0FB6.jpeg
F425F9F8-3FE4-48CB-B715-5E1A7F85C18E.jpeg
5623FAEA-5C4A-4DEB-8B3F-FEB90B7B82EB.jpeg
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Stringbean »

Now that's a fish report, you boys put on a clinic.
Every week it's a different lake , water is rising.

Thanks, for sharing
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Dayam!! 👏

I was at El Cap and it was nowhere near that fun 😕