Dixon or Poway

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
Mark_Nilsen
Angler
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 3:24 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Dixon or Poway

Post by Mark_Nilsen »

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday to you all. Has anyone fished at Dixon Lake or Poway Lake lately? I started out my fishing (I am a newbie) at Poway Lake in July and it was brutal - got a handful of skunks in a row.
Good luck out there this weekend in the soaring heat! Take it easy.

-Mark
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3396 times
Been thanked: 1239 times

Re: Dixon or Poway

Post by JWall »

Its been years and years but I’ve always done better at Dixon. Scale down on line size and fish more translucent baits. Both lakes are gin clear.
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2119
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2820 times
Been thanked: 3424 times

Re: Dixon or Poway

Post by VinnyBass »

Mark_Nilsen wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:23 am Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday to you all. Has anyone fished at Dixon Lake or Poway Lake lately? I started out my fishing (I am a newbie) at Poway Lake in July and it was brutal - got a handful of skunks in a row.
Good luck out there this weekend in the soaring heat! Take it easy.

-Mark
I only threw some swim baits several months ago up there at Poway and had one follower,,, but have not heard much
lately as far as other bass fishing goes. Have not been to Dixon in years, but at times the bass fishing was really fun.
Anyone out there have anything to share?????
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
animal chin
Angler
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2026 9:16 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Dixon or Poway

Post by animal chin »

Assuming you are shore fishing? Those are two of the smallest lakes in the county and as mentioned have some of the clearest water. Difficult conditions, your experiences are the norm at those lakes. Time for a float tube and a drive to El Cap!
Mark_Nilsen
Angler
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 3:24 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Dixon or Poway

Post by Mark_Nilsen »

I have a kayak and have only used it a few times so far. I understand you cannot use kayaks at Dixon or Poway.
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2119
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2820 times
Been thanked: 3424 times

Re: Dixon or Poway

Post by VinnyBass »

Mark_Nilsen wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:50 pm I have a kayak and have only used it a few times so far. I understand you cannot use kayaks at Dixon or Poway.
You are correct you cannot use a kayak at either of those lakes. I remember decades ago when you could use a float tube at Lake Poway, but that was a long time ago.
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests