Barrett report May 17th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report May 17th

Post by Early release »

Hi all. Barrett is in full swing. I had good success in Hauser and pedaled my kayak pretty far back. There's a whole new world back there. I find it funny to cast into water and get foxtails on my lure, normally that's something that happens when I overshoot the shoreline. The water is between 70 and 75 depending on where and when. Bait balls are impressively large. I threw underspins (got a couple) poppers (got zero), flukes ( also got zero, which is odd), dropshot (got one) and my trusty surface jerkbait (got over 40) Others I spoke to were doing about the same in numbers but on poppers, flukes and underspins. So, that throws a little doubt on my skills with those lures. Caught a couple impressive bluegills that went after the jerkbait. In the pictures is a little bass that attacked a jerkbait that might have been 2 inches smaller than he was. He's featured in the pictures I attached, just because I think you have to respect that kind of commitment. Biggest today was 2 pounds 3 ounces. I didn't hear of anyone getting anything big today. But everyone seemed to have a good day.
thumbnail_IMG_9336.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9334.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9327.jpg
Seaway
Pro Angler

Re: Barrett report May 17th

Post by Seaway »

Thanks for the Report...!
TommyP
Angler

Post by TommyP »

I assume u parked to launch at Piggy's? If so, how was the parking......where u able to back right to the water, launch and then go and park? Or r there any spots to park, without blocking anyone else from launching? Please advise.

TommyP
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Nice car and a half width, smooth clean “ramp” into the water. Water is above where the road used to take a hard left into the cove. All the parking is perpendicular to the cove, leaving pigs main road into the water open. People were mostly wheeling kayaks to the ramp. Some guys backed up at the end of the day to load. It’s not far at all from parking to water launch.

I know you were asking OP, figured I’d add my two cents if it helps
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Yep, parked at Pigs. I think there may have been 12-15 vehicles. Parking was great. The new water level makes loading a breeze, since you don't have to go around the bend and carry your kayak/tube/boat very far at all. When I got out of the water, we had three people unloading at the same time. A kayak, a float tube and a folding boat. We all had room to maneuver.
619bassin
Pro Angler

Post by 619bassin »

It was nice meeting you ER, I’m sure those guys were happy we found their rods.
Top water was good early for me, got 15-20 on popper. Flukes,senko and jerk bait round out the day. Biggest was 3.5.
That wind really picked up after 11!
Back again next week.
BigTahuna
Angler

Post by BigTahuna »

Thanks for reports!
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Hi 619bassin, good to meet you too. I'll be back on the water on next Wednesday too. Those guys were so happy to get their rods back. I wonder how often something like that happens.