Fiesta Island

Fishing discussions and reports for San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, and the lagoons of North County.
slamwich
Angler

Fiesta Island

Post by slamwich »

Been fishing fiesta island on the way home from work the past month for the magic hour around sunset and and catching a few bass on lucky crafts every outing while trying to dodge the weeds, and while not many, I get 3-4 every night with most of them are nice ones in the 12-15 range(the top one was pushing 16). Have yet to be skunked so can't say the spotty fishing is half-bad in mission bay right now.

One of my favorite spots when the wind is blowing/weeds are brutal is to walk the muddy beach in the back corner of the dog part of the island by the sea world barge and usually no one bothers me except a few dogs I give heads pats to. Tonight I had the standard crazy person come try to berate me for ten minutes that its illegal to fish that half of fiesta island and expected me to immediately pack up and leave, and upon me informing him politely there are no signs against it on the entrances or the website, and he is welcome to call park service/police and I'll gladly chat with them to clarify where I can legally fish. I've had police officers walk by before and never say a word so I wasn't in the mood for this. It quickly devolved into no signs are needed as there are laws about fishing within 100 yards of a person/dog(its 730 on a Sunday so we are the only 2 people within 200 yards either direction, but don't worry normally this beach is "packed" but everyone is afraid of me so its empty) etc etc until he finally leaves me alone when I threaten to call them myself for the real law of fisherman harassment after he decides to throw his dogs ball in front of me to prevent me from fishing(this poor dog). Thought I'd double check as he claims he will be back to harass me again that there isn't some unposted rule I don't know about for this part of fiesta island and I'm in the clear?
Attachments
IMG-3901.jpg
IMG-3903.jpg
IMG-3917.jpg
IMG-3919 (1).jpg
Picture1.jpg
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: Fiesta Island

Post by Mcfish »

Nice report! There are way too many "Karens" in the world today! Some dog owners have the idea that they are somehow privileged above others. My favorites are the ones that bring their dog into a restaurant and it proceeds to pee on the leg of your chair in the middle of your meal! Hey, dogs are people too, is their response..no, they're dogs!