Barrett Report June 29

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett Report June 29

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Got out at dark with pond_prowler_619, Ismael. Air temp was 56F, and the water 76F. Unlike Wednesday, there was just the light normal breeze that Barrett gets. I was already hopeful. Headed over to the opening of Hauser, but there were a couple of people there already, so I changed up and went a bit further into Hauser and planned to work my way back. My plan was to only fish topwater ( not a big surprise for the folks who know me ) but I had a new toy, a rat and a rod to throw it. But, sometimes a plan is a list of things that don’t happen. First popper fish came on about my third cast. I was able to mix popper, whopper plopper and crawler, but didn’t get to throw the rat at all. Most fish came from shore line. There were some busters, but they were picky and I found unless you were on them as they came up, you wouldn’t get them. I did pick a few off with a new sinking/semi neutral jerkbait. I was using this jerkbait since I finally got a scale and weighed all my BFS lures, I know they have weights on them, but for my brain, actually weighing them and getting an average 5 of them, kind of puts in my head. Anyway, this jerkbait was around 7.6g and goes much further on a cast than the x70 (4.6g) or the beloved #7 Rapala (3.9g). My working theory is a longer cast is more likely to yield a range that the fish might be in. More to come on that, since I didn’t compare the lures yesterday. My day consisted of mostly popper fish, a few whopper plopper fish, one crawler fish and a few jerkbait fish.
Highlight of the day was Ish, throwing a snake lure picked up a nice bass that was almost 4 pounds. The snake lure was amazing in the water and he had two versions, one about 8 inches and the other about 12 inches. He threw the 8 inch one yesterday.
Wind came up around 1030 and when I got off the water I think it was about 1130, the temp in my truck claimed 94 F.
You have to love sunrise on the lake.
You have to love sunrise on the lake.
Nice fish
Nice fish
Happy with my fish, water was like glass.
Happy with my fish, water was like glass.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Report June 29

Post by JWall »

You topwater? Shocking…
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Re: Barrett Report June 29

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Bro you where hitting them non stop yesterday i still cant believe how good that poppers drawing power is, it felt like every cast you threw was a hit i must admit you diff know your poppers The snake lure is fun to use, wasnt expecting that one to hit at all
awesome day fishing brotha
Jesus saves 🙌