Hot Bite Early! June 9th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
JWall
Extreme Angler

Hot Bite Early! June 9th

Post by JWall »

Is the first cast fish jinx real? Followed by a second cast fish? Maybe it is a jinx as a few minutes later a fatty bit the senko, got air so we could see the prize, then proceeded to dive straight under the boat and break off a 12lb fluoro leader. And to top that off, while I was nursing that wound, the girl proceeded to double up on me while together we nabbed 30 bass, give or take one or two that got away. She was all over the reaper while I threw senkos, a jig n craw, and the minnow at busters. A freaking great morning though and a shout out to Maxzmus and his first mate Noah who we met at the dock on our way out. Huge props to dad for turning on the young man to our beautiful sport!
Attachments
IMG_3505.jpeg
IMG_3311.jpeg
MaxZmus
Pro Angler

Re: Hot Bite Early! June 9th

Post by MaxZmus »

Nice to finally meet you out there. The wind stayed up all day. T rig craws and dropshot Robos got us 19. Biggest about 3.5lbs.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

MaxZmus wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:46 am Nice to finally meet you out there. The wind stayed up all day. T rig craws and dropshot Robos got us 19. Biggest about 3.5lbs.
Excellent strategy and results in the breeze!!
619bassin
Pro Angler

Post by 619bassin »

Nice work!
Shawnster
Pro Angler

Post by Shawnster »

Awesome report! Glad to see your girl having a great time with you out there. Mine has started to join us this season, but not (yet) when we get the chance to go for gate opening... she somehow prefers sleep and relaxing mornings with our dogs over 14 hours of fishing with no sleep, hot metal surfaces, howling wind, snags, constant fish talk, and MacGyver'd motors (weird, I know)...
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Shawnster wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:29 pm Awesome report! Glad to see your girl having a great time with you out there. Mine has started to join us this season, but not (yet) when we get the chance to go for gate opening... she somehow prefers sleep and relaxing mornings with our dogs over 14 hours of fishing with no sleep, hot metal surfaces, howling wind, snags, constant fish talk, and MacGyver'd motors (weird, I know)...
She might be smarter than all of us 😂