Barrett Report June 1

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett Report June 1

Post by Early release »

Got out early morning as usual. Quite busy on this Saturday, but great to see a bunch of friends. It was warmer, but not warm. Water temp was 70F. Pedaled over to Hauser and started catching 2 pounders on the popper and the 110 jerkbait. Got a lot of short strikers on the topwater. Over to Becky's cove and added more topwater fish but again, a lot of missed fish. Broke out a Heddon Crazy Crawler and had a lot of fun with some very aggressive 1 pounders who were definitely ready to punish that lure. Then I was going to go back to the other side of Hauser to head back to the shallows and it happened. I thought I saw a buster and cast over to the area. Spent the next hour or so sitting in the middle of Hauser halfway down aimlessly turning around and waiting for swirls. I honestly don't know if it matters, but a Zara spook is my favorite thing for the wolf packs and it didn't disappoint. Turned on the panoptix to see if there was bait balls and there wasn't. So it seems ( not sure at all ) that these fish are just eating smaller panfish. But a bluegill swimbait didn't produce for me. Got done pretty early and was back at Pigs at 1000. Wind was pretty strong then. Water temp up to 75F.
thumbnail_IMG_1889.jpg
First Buster of the year for me.
First Buster of the year for me.
That is a calm lake.
That is a calm lake.
Shawnster
Pro Angler

Re: Barrett Report June 1

Post by Shawnster »

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to trying out the top water bite tomorrow.
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Nice report bro looks like topwater should be picking up a lot more this month. That last picture is asking for a snake to be thrown πŸ˜†
Jesus saves πŸ™Œ
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Pond_prowler_619 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:48 pm Nice report bro looks like topwater should be picking up a lot more this month. That last picture is asking for a snake to be thrown πŸ˜†
I know, a snake would be great. I had fun with the crazy crawler. I have a megabass I-wing, but I didn't have it with me. Last week, Chuck was throwing a rat and got a decent fish on it. When it's like that, I can't throw anything but topwater.
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

Early release wrote: ↑Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:06 am
Pond_prowler_619 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:48 pm Nice report bro looks like topwater should be picking up a lot more this month. That last picture is asking for a snake to be thrown πŸ˜†
I know, a snake would be great. I had fun with the crazy crawler. I have a megabass I-wing, but I didn't have it with me. Last week, Chuck was throwing a rat and got a decent fish on it. When it's like that, I can't throw anything but topwater.
These a 8in version too ... a lot smaller in profile but im sure it will hit like crazy.... if only i can remember where i lost mine at πŸ˜†.... (otay)
Jesus saves πŸ™Œ