Barrett Report May 29

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett Report May 29

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Barrett was really nice on Wednesday. I was a little worried since it was 44F at Pigs at 0430. But...the water was a pleasant 70 F and the fish were happy as well. First fish came on a popper and was a bit over 3 pounds. He hit it like he was angry at it and I have to say it was the most fun of the day. I cast it out, and on the first twitch the fish exploded the bait. Over the next couple hours I just moved along the Hauser shoreline and cast either my popper or my whopper plopper to the shoreline. Whopper plopper got nothing the whole day. Popper was the leader for me. Went to where some of the rock piles are now underwater and picked off a few crankbait fish too. But, consistent fish all morning on the popper. Couple fish on a Zara Spook Junior. Went all the way back in Hauser and got a few more fish and then it was time to head back home. Also managed a couple Crappies on the crank, and one very nice bluegill on the popper. Always happy to get the Barrett Trifecta. Water temp at 1130 was up to 75F in spots. In the shallows back in Hauser I read 79 in a couple places. Also, I saw no bait balls or schooling shad in the shadows.
It was pretty dark for this one.
It was pretty dark for this one.
This is my attempt at a pretty picture.
This is my attempt at a pretty picture.
The "I think I can" award goes to this little fish
The "I think I can" award goes to this little fish
Nice crappie.
Nice crappie.
Should we lip land a bluegill?
Should we lip land a bluegill?
Good healthy fish there. This one just missed 4 pounds
Good healthy fish there. This one just missed 4 pounds
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Report May 29

Post by JWall »

Great pics and topwater day!! C might have you on the I think I can” award…Monday at Otay she caught literally a 1” bass fry, tiniest thing ever, biting a 4” senko. I have no idea what it was thinking but it cracked us up. I really F’d up not getting that pic for the ages.