More corvina

Fishing discussions and reports for San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, and the lagoons of North County.
KamWalsh
Angler

More corvina

Post by KamWalsh »

Got in some more corvina fishing recently. More quantity over quality compared to before but still some pretty fun fishing. All caught on rapala shadow rap or spook. I’ve really been liking the shadow raps lately. They seem to have better action than LCs even though they don’t cast as far (also cheaper!)
Attachments
2A14375C-57F1-40BF-BA7C-6F684C988FD1.jpeg
AE6D7FBA-A09B-4030-A75D-232B3A3208E8.jpeg
4F271FD0-CD56-4ECE-BCD3-824D31A2A1D2.jpeg
7D7CFDEF-A1C7-4477-AF3C-5CCE140ED879.jpeg
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Re: More corvina

Post by professionull »

Nice! Haven't caught Corvina in a while but they sure are fun to catch on top water.

Where were you fishing?
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

professionull wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:17 am Nice! Haven't caught Corvina in a while but they sure are fun to catch on top water.

Where were you fishing?
In the bay! ;) Probably as close as you're gonna get!
Radar135
Angler

Post by Radar135 »

Did you pick them up deep back in the bay or close to the entrance of the bay, I have not caught a Corvina yet, probably the only fish I haven't caught.
KamWalsh
Angler

Post by KamWalsh »

Still back in the bay but this is the time of year they really get moving up in the bay. Americas cup harbor in summer is the easiest place to get them during the summer. While getting on sport boats you always see groms fishing for them off the docks.
Pham-bam
Angler

Post by Pham-bam »

KamWalsh wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:38 am Still back in the bay but this is the time of year they really get moving up in the bay. Americas cup harbor in summer is the easiest place to get them during the summer. While getting on sport boats you always see groms fishing for them off the docks.
Hey no offense but the landing doesn’t really want anybody fishing off the docks so no reason for you to post that info. We don’t mind if a few kids wanna fish but it isn’t a public pier for everyone. We deal with enough people already that feel they have the right to fish our docks.
KamWalsh
Angler

Post by KamWalsh »

Pham-bam wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:24 pm
KamWalsh wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:38 am Still back in the bay but this is the time of year they really get moving up in the bay. Americas cup harbor in summer is the easiest place to get them during the summer. While getting on sport boats you always see groms fishing for them off the docks.
Hey no offense but the landing doesn’t really want anybody fishing off the docks so no reason for you to post that info. We don’t mind if a few kids wanna fish but it isn’t a public pier for everyone. We deal with enough people already that feel they have the right to fish our docks.
You can fish that area without being on any of the docks. I usually do it from my kayak for that exact reason. I hate any type of fishing where I’m looking over my shoulder not knowing if the next person walking by is gonna tell me to leave. Or float tube/small boat etc.