Storm Fishing Again?! Barrett 5/5

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Storm Fishing Again?! Barrett 5/5

Post by Pourboy »

Lake Barrett Fishing: Opening Week 2024

Hey all I know that this is a very late report, but I’ve had a lot going on lately. I was very happy to make it out on May 5 with a friend and make it out on the lake. With mist coming down, we got launched from pigs with no problem until I got to the middle of the lake and started having electrical issues with my tube. After diagnosing and fixing in the rain which is always fun with electricity we were headed towards Houser. Got back there expecting to have a great Topwater bite and we met with not so much.

Fast-forward till 7:15 AM when I landed my first fish on a spinnerbait. I got another one on a jig shortly there after and then couldn’t get anymore for a while. We headed across Houser to the other side and I got a couple on crank baits and jigs there. That’s when the fun began. I felt like I was on Hodges from a month ago. Except the fishing wasn’t as good! I did end up getting a total of 20 for the day (not counting micros) mostly on jigs fishing the outside edge of the live trees tend to 20 feet of water.

It was fun talking with all the people and getting to be out on the lake, but I’m excited for next time with hopefully less rain And wind and whitecaps and frustrations.

I was able to make a video from it and did overall have fun for the day. Feel free to check out the video if you like and I look forward to seeing you guys on the water soon.

Cheers!
MaxZmus
Pro Angler

Re: Storm Fishing Again?! Barrett 5/5

Post by MaxZmus »

I was hoping to see you have a similar day on the blade like you had at Hodges when it was pouring out. Nice video as always. Chocolate beer hmmm 🧐. Maybe.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

The beer was an amazing pastry stout. The spinner bait bite not so much. I know it’s such a first world problem complaining that I only got 20 fish but I like it when we are spoiled.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Great video and you could feel that weather! And nice touch bringing a bartender with you 😂 Speaking of, Resident Brewery came out with a chocolate raspberry beer a while back (since discontinued). I’m not much on those flavors but paired with a shot of peanut butter whiskey was outrageously good. Going tomorrow and thank you for your intel!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Good luck out there! That sounds like an amazing combo.
Hellavate
Angler

Post by Hellavate »

Was that you that hooked up right as I was passing you in a boat? we actually had two boats. I kept staring at all the tubers looking for you with my Pop because we enjoy your videos so much and had some cold ones too share. Maybe we can hookup in June for a midday brew on the lake!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Fish #12 I believe. That was awesome! Was really hoping that you knew who I was as you went by and that happened. It was such a cool moment. I’m always down to share a brew. Hopefully we can meet up on the water sometime. Cheers!