El Cap Tube Mobb Big Bass Tournament

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

El Cap Tube Mobb Big Bass Tournament

Post by Pourboy »

El Capitan Tube Mobb Big Bass Tournament 2023

Hey all I headed out on Sunday for my first float tube tournament with Tube Mobb. I saw these guys on Instagram and had run into them at a few lakes. This was the first event of theirs I had participated in. Anyone in a float tube could enter and it was a live well big bass tournament with a $20 entry. Winner take all. I figured what the heck and showed up.

It was a very interesting concept that you kept a “live well” attached to your tube for when you got a legal fish. Any fish that would be weighed in at the end of the day had to still be alive for weigh in. Eight tubes participated in the event and the variety of live wells by themselves was super cool. I personally picked up something off Amazon and was very happy with the results. I ended up getting one fish but had a super great time and met some fun people.

I’ll tell you that everyone caught fish! The winner was a 4.1lb fish caught at the buzzer on a drop shot next to the ramp with 20 minutes left in the day. People caught them on mostly A-Rigs but also Ned Rig, drop shot, deep suspending jerk baits, mini jigs, and even Rattle Traps. Most were associated with schools and rock piles around 20 feet deep.

It’s been a tough lake lately but I saw some people catch over 10 fish and that’s a great sign. If you get a chance check these guys out and check out the full video for more action.

Cheers and may all your holiday fishing dreams come true!
Dfishin
Angler

Re: El Cap Tube Mobb Big Bass Tournament

Post by Dfishin »

Those are fun. We use to have Floatation Nation. Fisheromen started his tubin days then. Oldirtybasser started it.
Ol Dirty Basser
Angler

Post by Ol Dirty Basser »

Dfishin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:09 am Those are fun. We use to have Floatation Nation. Fisheromen started his tubin days then. Oldirtybasser started it.
@Dfishin! Flotation Nation was good times...

@Pourboy, always enjoy the videos and I have thought about doing a Tube Mobb event. I just never got into the "measurement-style" tourney idea, which most of them are.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

I totally get it. This was the first one they’ve done by weight apparently and it went well so there should be more. It was a fun day for sure.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Another great video! This one actually popped up on my YouTube Feed before you posed to SD Fish.
Keep up the good work and keep making memories!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

KillinTime wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:31 am Another great video! This one actually popped up on my YouTube Feed before you posed to SD Fish.
Keep up the good work and keep making memories!
Thanks so much for watching and I’m glad you enjoyed it! Cheers!