10/20 Murray

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

10/20 Murray

Post by VinnyBass »

All types of things been going on keeping me from fishing and recently had my boat serviced so went out for just a few hours mostly to test things yesterday. I have not fished Murray for a few weeks and since so just a quick report. There are schools of small bass chasing shad around the lake. Most are dinks and many are just micro bass. I spent most of my time working with my electronics etc., but if you have light gear and small reaction baits it could be a fun time if you do not mind the size of what you catch.
Not many new fish reports and I just decided to toss this one mostly just for laughs. Tight lines.

Just a glimpse of what to expect(my biggest)
IMG_8803.PNG
...McFish is probably heading to the lake right now. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: 10/20 Murray

Post by Mcfish »

I can't believe you could even lift that monster! You must of been eating your Wheaties...or your strawberry crepes..Hahaha! After seeing your photo, I'm not sure that even I have baits small enough for those beasts! Keep those reports coming, but next time take a photo of the fish you catch..and not the bait......
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Monsta! Much bigger than the ones I haven't been catching. Guess you have to go fishing to catch fish.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

I agree that you probably have to go fishing to catch fish, unless you have an aquarium at home and you catch the fish using a net. :-)
fishingjpg.jpg
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Don't have an aquarium but if I did I would drop shot the critters!
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Vinny where did you get your boat serviced if you don’t mind me asking?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

JWall wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:50 pm Vinny where did you get your boat serviced if you don’t mind me asking?
DarkKastle Marine
Derick King
https://darkkastlemarine.com

Used to go to Anglers Marine in Lakeside (well no need to explain and be negative) but discovered DarkKastle via John Cassidy at
Angler's Arensal and a few other fishing buddies that told me about it. I had upgraded electronics put on my boat at DarkKastle and
they did an outstanding job so I also went to them for boat service. Very happy with the job they did.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:30 pm
JWall wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:50 pm Vinny where did you get your boat serviced if you don’t mind me asking?
DarkKastle Marine
Derick King

Used to go to Anglers Marine in Lakeside (well no need to explain and be negative) but discovered DarkKastle via John Cassidy at
Angler's Arensal and a few other fishing buddies that told me about it. I had upgraded electronics put on my boat at DarkKastle and
they did an outstanding job so I also went to them for boat service. Very happy with the job they did.
Just what I needed. Thanks mucho VB!
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 am All types of things been going on keeping me from fishing and recently had my boat serviced so went out for just a few hours mostly to test things yesterday. I have not fished Murray for a few weeks and since so just a quick report. There are schools of small bass chasing shad around the lake. Most are dinks and many are just micro bass. I spent most of my time working with my electronics etc., but if you have light gear and small reaction baits it could be a fun time if you do not mind the size of what you catch.
Not many new fish reports and I just decided to toss this one mostly just for laughs. Tight lines.

IMG_8803.PNG
Someone say light gear and small reaction baits?
C904D5E2-C773-46F5-B8AD-15706F9D3F77.jpeg
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

CorsoEnthusiast wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:09 pm
VinnyBass wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 am All types of things been going on keeping me from fishing and recently had my boat serviced so went out for just a few hours mostly to test things yesterday. I have not fished Murray for a few weeks and since so just a quick report. There are schools of small bass chasing shad around the lake. Most are dinks and many are just micro bass. I spent most of my time working with my electronics etc., but if you have light gear and small reaction baits it could be a fun time if you do not mind the size of what you catch.

IMG_8803.PNG
Someone say light gear and small reaction baits? C904D5E2-C773-46F5-B8AD-15706F9D3F77.jpeg
You have some amazing gear and word on the street you are catching lots of bass with it.
Tight lines always buddy. :-)
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:30 pm
DarkKastle Marine
Derick King

Remember when Anglers Marine was over by the Dive-in where the BNS Brewery is now? They dumped a ton of money into that start up, via the funds from their LA locations. Did not last long and they quickly downsized to the location on Woodside. Never had any work done there, but I do buy Optimax Oil out of the 55 Gal Drum. It was $33 dollars a gallon last time, but that was a while ago. I bought 10 gallons that time (pre Covid). Not looking forward restocking=(