Murray AM

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Re: Murray AM

Post by Fisheromen »

galen wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:58 pm IMG_2675.jpegIMG_2674.jpeg
These are the only 2 LMB I’ve caught since August of last year. Last weekend at Dos Picos. Believe me I would post more if I had more time to fish.
What are you Poway folks doing at one of my fav fishin' holes??? :lol: Know of a couple lunkers that have come out of DP this year! BTW, as soon as the sun drops over the mountain the bluegill go on a binge bite! Some hand-sized ones!
galen
Pro Angler

Post by galen »

We camped over the weekend. Got the two bass before 7am Saturday morning on a jerkbait and the bluegill Saturday afternoon. Met 4 different locals that day that all said bass to 10lbs can be caught during the spawn. Guess it was easier to fish before the rains last winter.
Attachments
IMG_2676.jpeg
jwacky
Angler

Post by jwacky »

New to the forum and happy to post about all the nothing I catch, mostly at Murray, haha.

Kinda sorta got into fishing with my son in 2020 when it was about the only thing going, desperate for any activity that took us out of the house. Have recently gotten back into it, maybe for the past 6-7 months. We've caught four fish total, three at Jennings and one at Murray. We like Jennings because you can actually see the fish from the shore.

We go to Murray often though, as its just a few blocks from home. Love it out there. Mostly shore fishing for us, though sometimes we take out our inflatble Intex raft with a trolling motor. Fun spending time with him, fun being on or next to the water, regardless of whether we catch anything! Crazy how low the water has been at Murray; a couple weeks ago we saw a couple fish flop right onto shore (and back in).

Tight lines, as is apparently the proper sign off!