Amazing Storm Fishing! Hodges 3/30

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Amazing Storm Fishing! Hodges 3/30

Post by Pourboy »

Amazing Storm Fishing! Spinnerbait Bite Out Of Control!

I woke at 4:50 AM on Saturday morning ready to go fishing completely committed to the cause. As I looked at the wind, howling outside, and the rain pouring down, I decided to go back to bed at least for a couple hours. I got up around 730 and the wind had lessened a little bit but it was still raining. I decided I had to get out there even if it was nasty.

I got out on the water finally around 9 AM. I only saw a couple of other cars in the parking lot and a couple people fishing on the shore. I headed down the bank as I normally do figuring if I was battling a storm. I didn’t want to go too far. I switch back-and-forth between super bright spinner bait and the jig that I had been using throwing in a couple other lures to try here and there. No love at all on the first bank so I crossed the lake to the peninsula side and fished over there. Immediately I noticed a difference And it was on! I found my rhythm, throwing a chartreuse and white spinner bait and ended up having an absolute fiesta in the middle of a raging storm. The biggest fish went around 20 inches but I ended up with 15 on spinner bait, and a handful more on the jig , it was really fun to finally get into a good reaction bite.

In the first two hours I got 11 of the fish. And then it slowed down a little bit as I tried new areas I went back to the same areas later and ended up getting more fish . By now, the rain had made it down my hands down my wrist down my arms and my sweatshirt underneath my raincoat was soaked. Now I started to get cold. After fighting a respiratory infection for the last few weeks I figured it was best to call it and not chance Getting anything worse. I ended up having the entire area to myself and having a great time out on the water even though it was a short day, I really enjoyed myself and can’t wait for the next outing. It figures that as I left the skies kind of cleared , but I am not complaining.

If you guys want more details, check out the video and I look forward to seeing you all on the water sometime soon.

Cheers!
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Amazing Storm Fishing! Hodges 3/30

Post by JWall »

Well if there was ever a reward for dealing with nasty conditions, you just won 1st place!! It sure looked like the Fletcher Point side of the Narrows was better too. Thanks for posting.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

JWall wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:19 pm Well if there was ever a reward for dealing with nasty conditions, you just won 1st place!! It sure looked like the Fletcher Point side of the Narrows was better too. Thanks for posting.
Thanks and you are correct, sir!
Oh Da Shiz
Pro Angler

Post by Oh Da Shiz »

Thanks for another awesome report. You were definitely on a hot bite with the spinner bait.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Nice report Chris.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

So cool. Rainy days can be so good.
Your BeefShawman Story was super entertaining.
You got a good thing going with your videos, keep it up! The Beverage segments are very original.
galen
Pro Angler

Post by galen »

Bass and beer in the rain, who knew?!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I love what I do and do what I love. Cheers all!