Hodges report March 27

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Hodges report March 27

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

We got out on the water at 0645. The usual Hodges fog was present and water temp was around 61-62 F. I started along the shoreline and picked up a couple sample size bass ( around a pound or so ). Picked around with the popper and got a couple swirls but again no takers. I had a bait I really wanted to be successful, made by Gan Craft and it's a tiny glidebait. It got one fish today. The bulk of the day, was the small crankbait. Nine total fish in the boat, one self release at the boat. Important data point is nobody I caught was over 2 pounds.

By 1100 the water had climbed to a toasty 67F. Still very calm winds.

Talking with folks on the water and numbers seemed a bit subdued for all. Maybe they started to spawn.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_1246.jpg
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Re: Hodges report March 27

Post by KillinTime »

Nice Report, Thanks!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Early release wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:22 pm Hello all,

We got out on the water at 0645. The usual Hodges fog was present and water temp was around 61-62 F. I started along the shoreline and picked up a couple sample size bass ( around a pound or so ). Picked around with the popper and got a couple swirls but again no takers. I had a bait I really wanted to be successful, made by Gan Craft and it's a tiny glidebait. It got one fish today. The bulk of the day, was the small crankbait. Nine total fish in the boat, one self release at the boat. Important data point is nobody I caught was over 2 pounds.

By 1100 the water had climbed to a toasty 67F. Still very calm winds.

Talking with folks on the water and numbers seemed a bit subdued for all. Maybe they started to spawn.
Thank you for the report! At least you got some. The biggun is coming for you!
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Hey Chris, it was a perfect day temperature and wind wise. Sometimes those days are so nice, you don't mind the little fish. If I only had a little Safu Sake. :)
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Early release wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am Hey Chris, it was a perfect day temperature and wind wise. Sometimes those days are so nice, you don't mind the little fish. If I only had a little Safu Sake. :)
I feel you there! I went to Poway yesterday for a few hours. Beautiful morning but no fish. Just nice to be on the water. Cheers!