Different week, different pattern!

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Different week, different pattern!

Post by Mcfish »

20240308_085935.jpg
Fished my hometown lake the last 2 fridays and ended up with 2 very different patterns. Last week I was catching them on the outside of the stickups, today they had moved to barren flats. Last week was pre-front, today was post-front, with a 2' rise in the lake. This time of the year, between the storms and pressure changes and the different phases of the spawn, you need to be flexible to stay on the fish! We all have our favorite patterns and fish to chase, but sometimes it can pay off to mix it up a little! I ended the day today with 19 fish, mostly small males, topped off with a 5.2 lb fish, that might be the longest bass I've ever caught! She'll be a beast if she fills in some!
The launch ramps are very iffy now, the main ramp being unusable...may be a kayak and float tube summer!
20240308_081935.jpg
20240308_061746.jpg
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Re: Different week, different pattern!

Post by Pourboy »

Great job out there thanks for the post and info and congratulations on the 5+!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Nice job out there and I almost joined you up there but decided fishing for the small clones at Murray would be so much more exciting….NOT!!!
I definitely made the wrong choice and looks like you had a heck of a great time. The five pounder might be the one you lost last week, and this time you won the battle. Maybe I’ll be up there next Friday..Oh wait, the dang lake is closed next Friday.
Anyway thanks for sharing and tight lines always buddy. :-)
Stingray
Angler

Post by Stingray »

Good to meet you out there yesterday Scott
Beautiful day although I could not find the fish had a great time and we shared some good stories!
Nice fish!!!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Stingray wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:24 am Good to meet you out there yesterday Scott
Beautiful day although I could not find the fish had a great time and we shared some good stories!
Nice fish!!!
Yep, great talking to you yesterday, I always love a good fish story. I also think we solved some world problems! It's a tough lake early in the season, especially when they suck all the water out! I'm sure I'll see you out on the water again!
Fishtricks
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Fishtricks »

Nice!

Thanks for posting
Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.
erniegorham
Angler

Post by erniegorham »

Impressive!

I made my way up there yesterday as well. Only my second time up there ever, and its been a few years, I forgot how picturesque and just lovely it is!

I only caught 1 fish though. It was a very fat healthy 2.5-3#er, but thought I'd get a few more bites. Oh well still a very enjoyable day out there.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

There is another ramp marked by two orange cones.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

erniegorham wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:53 pm Impressive!

I made my way up there yesterday as well. Only my second time up there ever, and its been a few years, I forgot how picturesque and just lovely it is!

I only caught 1 fish though. It was a very fat healthy 2.5-3#er, but thought I'd get a few more bites. Oh well still a very enjoyable day out there.
It is a really beautiful lake..more so when they leave the water in it! I guess the Mayor and City Council is really thirsty.....
Moose
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Moose »

Are you actually able to launch a boat there?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Moose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:45 pm Are you actually able to launch a boat there?
Pretty sketchy if you have a nice bass boat as this morning I watched these guys launching and thought that a few more feet and the truck
will have gone too far and someone would have to tow the truck out, but they launched finally. Best bet is bringing an aluminum
boat of small boat because the normal boat ramp ends just feet into the water and the boat dock is in the way, so you have to
launch of the other side of the boat dock. Launch at your own risk is what I am trying to say. :-)
Moose
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Moose »

That’s kind of what I figured. I miss fishing that lake.
I’ve had some really fun days there.