San see 5/1/23 monday

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

San see 5/1/23 monday

Post by Stringbean »

Arrived at the lake 6:30 looked as if I was fishing a private lake, maybe 10 boats.
For a spring unheard of. Started chasing the bass, after 23 all cruisers it was time to move on,
Got on the red ear, spent the rest of the day catching them. If you like having a fish trying to pull the rod out of your hand it's a good time, these guys are studs. Great overcast skies,
Just a fantastic day on the water.
Will post red ear pictures in the pan fish section.

Tight lines
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: San see 5/1/23 monday

Post by Mcfish »

Those redears have a bad attitude! They will attack fish way bigger than themselves this time of year! We need the bigger bass to move up now!
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Stringbean »

I knew it was going to be a special day, first cast was bit, then a hen mallard jumped up on the deck and stayed with me about 45 minutes.,.
We had a long talk about duck hunting I told her to stay off that Colorado river and salton sea next fall. And the guys on Noffinger rd were sky busters. I dont want to see her doing a aflak commerical.
Teasing a old man at the lake.
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
Rude Baits
Angler

Post by Rude Baits »

Stringbean wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:43 pm I knew it was going to be a special day, first cast was bit, then a hen mallard jumped up on the deck and stayed with me about 45 minutes.,.
We had a long talk about duck hunting I told her to stay off that Colorado river and salton sea next fall. And the guys on Noffinger rd were sky busters. I dont want to see her doing a aflak commerical.
Teasing a old man at the lake.

Bwaahhh! Those damn sky busters! Haha
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Stringbean »

I compair a water skier at a bass tournament to a sky buster ,when your hunting over decoys. Haha
Put’em in the cooler!!!!