San V 4/30 report

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Early release
Extreme Angler

San V 4/30 report

Post by Early release »

Got to the lake early, almost empty, which was a big surprise to me. Paddled out and immediately got a treat over by the big water inlet. Of course that anchored me to that spot for another fruitless 45 minutes. But moved along the shoreline and out to the island and got many takers. All on dropshot with Roboworms. Color didn't matter, which was great. What did matter was a good cast close to the shore, making sure the worm was on the bottom and just barely lifting it. Most of my fish came with the first movement of the worm. Nothing huge, but 11 fish from an estimated 3/4 pound to 2 pounds 15 ounces ( weighed her ). At 11AM the sun came out, and so did all the people. Nice day on a great lake. Hope everyone else is having fun. Cannot wait for topwater to be working.
thumbnail_IMG_9178.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9181.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9189.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9191.jpg
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: San V 4/30 report

Post by Mcfish »

San V is one of the few lakes that has been pretty consistent this spring! Good job getting on them! Weekends are about to change at San V, you won't be alone for long! Say hello to my little friend...the Wakeboarder!
Early release
Extreme Angler

Re: San V 4/30 report

Post by Early release »

Hi Mcfish,
They were out in force at about 11AM. I'm in a kayak so crossing the big open stretches of the lake while the skiers, wakeboarders and someone dragging a big inflatable chair, creating wakes certainly holds your attention. But, while it was early, cold and gray, it was only us types and the fish. Maybe early morning while we have the gloom is the key.