Already better than Feb 2023..

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Already better than Feb 2023..

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

Took a trip to my favorite local body of water. Was pleasantly surprised to see the water level up 10-12’ from my last visit. Hopefully the next big storm brings it up even more. It’s about 1/3 of the way back to last spring’s water level by my estimation.

It was COLD (30s at the water line at 6:10AM) and I was expecting it to be about like it had been for January - grinding for scarce bites. Expectations for the day were set pretty low. Just hoping for a nice day and a stop at Mary’s Donuts on the way home. My brother hooked up on his first cast and I got bit on my 4th or 5th cast. The first hour produced a half dozen fish between the two of us and we averaged a fish each per hour up until we left around 10am. A better morning than we bargained for!

Feb 2023 was a brutal month and I didn’t catch a single fish. I’m already way ahead of the curve for 2024. Seems like the very first prespawn fish are starting to stage. Fish we saw today were all chunky for their length. Plastics were the name of the game.

Seems like it’s not gonna be long before it really starts popping off.

A couple of the day’s chunks:
Attachments
F1E8262C-BA89-48B3-8F2B-60973A7FC9DF.jpeg
1E8DC5E1-5DDE-437F-9326-A733FA2C154A.jpeg
crawdadguy
Angler

Re: Already better than Feb 2023..

Post by crawdadguy »

nice going my January this year was terrible...too much wind/rain cold-low water glad you hit it
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Very nice job out there.
Geez....just reading how cold it was in the morning made me cold. I guess with all the cold and rainy
weather and twisting my knee(as another excuse), I am beginning to forget how to get up and go fishing this year....ha ha
You and your brother catching bass is always fun and its always great seeing your posts @CorsoEnthusiast.
I almost have forgot how to post a fishing report....ha ha. Anyway, thanks for sharing and tight lines always. :-)
<º)))><.. <º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

52 degree water, 40 degree air temperature, 0 inch visibility. 11 Bass Flipping the Tules with a Bronze Weedless Wacky 5” Senko
Attachments
IMG_1550.jpeg
IMG_1552.jpeg