A Christmas Gift to Yourself?

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

A Christmas Gift to Yourself?

Post by VinnyBass »

During this special time of year(cannot talk about the religious aspects as you know), there is lots of giving to show our love or
appreciation to our loved ones in our family and friends. There are gifts of all shapes and sizes and values given to others, but what
is most important as they say....."it's the thought that counts."
So while I am very thankful for all the people that are very close and special to me, it is kind of hard to answer them on what do
you want for Christmas? I honestly really don't need anything, but thought I did want something and decided to get a little little
gift for myself from Tackle Warehouse(of course) for Christmas.
So I got a Daiwa Tatula 300 reel with a slower gear ratio 6.3 so I could retrieve my baits in a little slower hopefully. I armed it
with 17lb Sunline Assassin Fluorocarbon line and will be perfect on one of my swimbait rods. Hopefully in 2024 I will actually use
the reel and throw swimbaits more than about an hour and a half total in 2023...ha ha

Anyway, have any of you guys or gals bought something for yourself for Christmas this year
and want to share it with everyone?
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TIGHT LINES IN 2024! :-)
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Re: A Christmas Gift to Yourself?

Post by Pourboy »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:00 am During this special time of year(cannot talk about the religious aspects as you know), there is lots of giving to show our love or
appreciation to our loved ones in our family and friends. There are gifts of all shapes and sizes and values given to others, but what
is most important as they say....."it's the thought that counts."
So while I am very thankful for all the people that are very close and special to me, it is kind of hard to answer them on what do
you want for Christmas? I honestly really don't need anything, but thought I did want something and decided to get a little little
gift for myself from Tackle Warehouse(of course) for Christmas.
So I got a Daiwa Tatula 300 reel with a slower gear ratio 6.3 so I could retrieve my baits in a little slower hopefully. I armed it
with 17lb Sunline Assassin Fluorocarbon line and will be perfect on one of my swimbait rods. Hopefully in 2024 I will actually use
the reel and throw swimbaits more than about an hour and a half total in 2023...ha ha

Anyway, have any of you guys or gals bought something for yourself for Christmas this year
and want to share it with everyone?

IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0098.jpg
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TIGHT LINES IN 2024! :-)
Merry Christmas! Enjoy your new Tatula. I have the spinning version and enjoy it. It's always good to treat yourself. My gift to myself is a few days camping and fishing on Lake Mohave. May all you fishing dreams come true. Cheers!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

I bought myself 3 rolled tacos w/ guacamole...saving my money for a carne asada burrito next year....
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:40 pm I bought myself 3 rolled tacos w/ guacamole...saving my money for a carne asada burrito next year....
Sounds like you’re good with your money…… and probably don’t order much stuff from Tackle Warehouse….. ha ha :-)
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

It was actually after my birthday that I bought myself a pair of 10x fixed-focus binoculars. Now I can spy of fellow fishermen to see what they are using that is working so well. Kidding!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Fisheromen wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:08 pm It was actually after my birthday that I bought myself a pair of 10x fixed-focus binoculars. Now I can spy of fellow fishermen to see what they are using that is working so well. Kidding!
I'll gladly share all my secret baits that didn't work at DK this year..
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:15 pm
Fisheromen wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:08 pm It was actually after my birthday that I bought myself a pair of 10x fixed-focus binoculars. Now I can spy of fellow fishermen to see what they are using that is working so well. Kidding!
I'll gladly share all my secret baits that didn't work at DK this year..
Already proficient with those, thank you!