Fall Fishing El Cap

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Fall Fishing El Cap

Post by Pourboy »

Hey guys it has been a couple of tough months for me for fishing. Got striped a couple of times at local lakes and even the bay! With fish seemingly hiding from me I just decided to head back to El Cap and try that out. It was a super beautiful day on the lake and only 3 club tournaments going on! I even checked the DFG competition site ahead of time but I guess club tourneys don't have to register there (not sure about that one). Anyway I wanted to try out some new baits and a new heavy spinning setup that I got for light saltwater when I travel. Super stoked on the Kistler World Travel Series Rod and Shimano Stratic 3000 FL combo but I didn't get any bites on that. Hopefully heading to the big bay this holiday weekend and find something to test it out on.

I did end up getting one good bite on the ned rig that day but it came off just before landing it. Oh well, I know I'm for sure the only fisherman who has lost a fish right before landing. You can see that on the video. Oh! I did get some of the Berkley Gillys in a variety of sizes and colors. Looking forward to figuring those out. If you guys have any suggestions for those let me know. I've tried several methods but with not much success yet. Always have to keep trying new baits and rigs. Cheers guys and see you on the water!
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Re: Fall Fishing El Cap

Post by KillinTime »

Frosty the Hazeman=) Love the name!

Your videos are very good. Keep them coming.
You sure can cover some water in your tube!!!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Thanks for watching! Yes that I definitely can do now. Next goal is to float be the north arm. Never done that before. And yes frosty was great.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Thanks Pourboy and will look for you on the big bay if you are there Sunday. Tides are really smoking and there should be a good bite.

PS yes I saw the ned fish. That was a beefer! On my boat those automatically become the 5 pounders that got away 😂😂
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

JWall wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:54 pm Thanks Pourboy and will look for you on the big bay if you are there Sunday. Tides are really smoking and there should be a good bite.

PS yes I saw the ned fish. That was a beefer! On my boat those automatically become the 5 pounders that got away 😂😂
Yes, that was close to 5 for sure.
Rawdeezy
Angler

Post by Rawdeezy »

New subscriber! Sweet vid!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Awesome! Thanks for watching!