South Bay 11/13

Fishing discussions and reports for San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, and the lagoons of North County.
mcquade outdoors
Pro Angler

South Bay 11/13

Post by mcquade outdoors »

Fished the afternoon outgoing tide from ~1pm-4pm.
Tried to film but forgot how after a month of no fishing
A school of bonito and corvina followed in the hooked fish but no other bites from them after i let it go
Landed
1 Bonito
1 short halibut
4 spotted bay bass

galen
Pro Angler

Re: South Bay 11/13

Post by galen »

Never seen one that big all the way down there. Nice fish.
vdisney
Mega Pro Angler

Post by vdisney »

Nice bone, thanks for the video
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

Nice job! I usually do good on the round jig heads and wham style jigs. If you want to catch a bunch of big bones like that go paddle around the Quivira basin in Mission Bay close to shore near all the boat slips. Have caught 5-9lb bonito there like it was a wide open tuna bite

I was out there the day before and caught a bunch of short barracuda, some spotties, and a few legal halibut except I was out at the jetty though
mcquade outdoors
Pro Angler

Post by mcquade outdoors »

professionull wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:28 pm Nice job! I usually do good on the round jig heads and wham style jigs. If you want to catch a bunch of big bones like that go paddle around the Quivira basin in Mission Bay close to shore near all the boat slips. Have caught 5-9lb bonito there like it was a wide open tuna bite

I was out there the day before and caught a bunch of short barracuda, some spotties, and a few legal halibut except I was out at the jetty though
Ive fished around there and done ok but bote traffic and a paddleboard dont go together (learned my lessons). I do love mission bay though! i try and stick to the back for the big spotties
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

mcquade outdoors wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:56 pm Ive fished around there and done ok but bote traffic and a paddleboard dont go together (learned my lessons). I do love mission bay though! i try and stick to the back for the big spotties
Unless you launched from hotel Del Coronado, the boat traffic on any given day would be sketchy to fish from a SUP on the opposite side near Shelter Island. If you want to fish the jetty, you can hop on my boat if you'd like.
OOlicon
Pro Angler

Post by OOlicon »

Nice back bay tuna. Some good sash right there!