San V on top

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

San V on top

Post by Mcfish »

If you're going to chase the breakers, you're going to need some patience(sorry Vinny)! I got on the water at 6:00, with a decent Santa Ana blowing. Since I was only going after topwater fish, that wasn't really helpful! About 8:00, the wind turned around to an onshore breeze and the fish started to show. Soon, the lake glassed off, and with the really clear water, you need your finesse game going on. The fish were a little more shore oriented rather than being out over deep water this time! I saw huge schools of silversides getting chased up on the banks and into the stickups. I mostly threw weightless Robo hologram shad, which resembled the size and shape of the baitfish. The fish were still very picky and you needed to be accurate with your casts to get them to go! Only a limited number of spots were going off, so I'm hoping they move back out to deeper water soon and get a little less picky. I ended the day with 17 fish, missed alot of short grabs and sideswipers. You needed patience to wait out the fish that would stay down for 10-20 minutes! It's a fun time if you can wait them out! Most of the fish are 1lb-2lbs, my largest going a little over 5lbs!
20231109_081011.jpg
20231109_105910.jpg
20231109_093605~3.jpg
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: San V on top

Post by JWall »

Nice catching! That Robo HS color has been great at the V this year.
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Nice. Yesterday?
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

otaymichael wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:55 pm Nice. Yesterday?
Yep...thursdays alot more fun without the wakeboard nuts!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

After seeing the quote that I need some patience I decided not to respond to your fishing post till 24 hours later. It was tough as I
wanted to tell you nice job out there. Not only on finding some topwater bass but had the patience to wait them out and take advantage
of the limited opportunities to catch some of those finicky bass. I bet you were jazzed catching that 5lb'er. A very nice bass to hit
a small finesse bait. I have not been fishing for a while and thanks for posting so I can better visualize bass fishing action though your
posts. I heard you were banned from fishing San V on Mondays or maybe that was just a rumor started by @fisheromen....ha ha
OK....it has been 24 hours since you posted. Being patient sucks sometimes. :-)
Tight lines always
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:43 am After seeing the quote that I need some patience I decided not to respond to your fishing post till 24 hours later. It was tough as I
wanted to tell you nice job out there. Not only on finding some topwater bass but had the patience to wait them out and take advantage
of the limited opportunities to catch some of those finicky bass. I bet you were jazzed catching that 5lb'er. A very nice bass to hit
a small finesse bait. I have not been fishing for a while and thanks for posting so I can better visualize bass fishing action though your
posts. I heard you were banned from fishing San V on Mondays or maybe that was just a rumor started by @fisheromen....ha ha
OK....it has been 24 hours since you posted. Being patient sucks sometimes. :-)
Tight lines always
You're confusing me with M.L....I haven't been banned yet, even though they tried to after they saw me talking to you at Murray! I denied it!
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Thanks for factoid to stir brains into remembering...
Can you believe the audacity of said ML to film two guys, clandestine, that were snagging bedding bass during a tournament and gluing scales back on to hide that fact??? Amazing.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

otaymichael wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:35 pm Thanks for factoid to stir brains into remembering...
Can you believe the audacity of said ML to film two guys, clandestine, that were snagging bedding bass during a tournament and gluing scales back on to hide that fact??? Amazing.
Would you happen to know what brand glue they were using to put those scales back on....asking for a friend! Vinny, I'll text you with the answer....
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Mcfish wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:10 am
otaymichael wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:35 pm Thanks for factoid to stir brains into remembering...
Would you happen to know what brand glue they were using to put those scales back on....asking for a friend! Vinny, I'll text you with the answer....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: