8/22- Miramar A.M. Bass Frenzy

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

8/22- Miramar A.M. Bass Frenzy

Post by VinnyBass »

Cheating on a person is bad and if going behind Lake Murray's back to fish Lake Miramar is bad....I am guilty. Headed up to Miramar once again with my kayak. It has been so much fun fishing up there and just had to go back. Had a little late start as I did not get on the water till almost 7am and no overcast when I arrived as the sun was out.
Just a few breakers here and there and the bass were up and down fast. Did not waste too much time with a few topwater baits and decided to go to a blade bait in hopes of going a little deeper. After several casts it finally paid off and I started to land bass on it. I had a smaller blade on another rod and that also was working. It was pretty crazy because I caught bass in less than 15 feet from the surface and then others down in at least 25-30 feet of water. I mixed it up with a spoon and caught some bass, but the blade baits seemed to be what they were more interested in.
Losing a few here and there but still happy as I think I had 11 bass by 9 a.m. Then things slowed down a bit and I had to work a little harder and a little deeper. I was picking up a bass on a reaction baits here and there and at around 11:45a.m., I picked up my last bass of the morning and headed home shortly after that.
This was by far one of the best days I had up at Miramar in a long time. Again, can't whine about the ones that came off as that is all part of fishing, but landed 18 bass this morning and all of them were caught on reaction baits. I stayed out mostly in the middle of the lake and I did not toss one single worm(even though @McFish texted me urging me to) or craw bait. I wanted to stick to my guns and glad I did. :-)

Some pics...
IMG_7676.PNG
IMG_7679.PNG
IMG_7681.PNG
IMG_7694.PNG
IMG_7688.PNG
Smaller bass like reaction baits too!
IMG_7690.PNG
IMG_7685.PNG
IMG_7684.PNG
IMG_7695.PNG
self fish
Angler

Re: 8/22- Miramar A.M. Bass Frenzy

Post by self fish »

Thank you for the awesome report Vinny bass , I can’t wait to get to Miramar tomorrow and get some bass too. I hope to see you there also. Right on man and good luck out there.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

self fish wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:41 pm Thank you for the awesome report Vinny bass , I can’t wait to get to Miramar tomorrow and get some bass too. I hope to see you there also. Right on man and good luck out there.
Thanks.......Won't be out there tomorrow but tight lines to you. Go get'em! :-)
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

NIce work. Looks like a fun day. I have to get out there, I know I keep saying that, but it's almost impossible to pry myself away from Barrett.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Like I said last week..you are the master of the metal! Thanks for inviting me..oh wait..you didn't! I know, you don't like the competition!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:58 pm Like I said last week..you are the master of the metal! Thanks for inviting me..oh wait..you didn't! I know, you don't like the competition!
I told you the night before I may be going........but never confirmed if I was going to Murray or Miramar...so in a way you are right. Anyway, just your tackle, rods and large quantities of roboworms would weigh down my kayak too much. Plus I wanted to fish the middle of the lake and you would be nagging me from the back of my kayak to get closer to shore. :-)
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Didn't realize your Hobie was a two-seater!
VB, you should have added up your best 5. Looks like an impressive limit.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Fisheromen wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:24 pm Didn't realize your Hobie was a two-seater!
VB, you should have added up your best 5. Looks like an impressive limit.
That was the funny part as it is not a 2 seater.....ha ha
It was fun to catch a few that were not the standard clone size. Doubt if 5 of them would have been that huge but I was happy.
You had a pretty good size limit a few years back. Bet that was fun. My goal is to have fun the rest of the year. It have been
tough for me size wise this year and maybe I'll get lucky and land one over 5 lbs. Or at least dream I did...ha ha. :-)
Tight lines
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Good move going there. Hit El Cap and it was pretty quiet. Six for two of us and all dinks. Even put time in fishing my blade bait vertical.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

JWall wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:47 am Good move going there. Hit El Cap and it was pretty quiet. Six for two of us and all dinks. Even put time in fishing my blade bait vertical.
The best vertical jigging I have done at El Cap was with under spins deep in North end around the trees years ago. Drop to the bottom and
work it close to the bottom. Had some crazy action at times in between snags...ha ha. Yeah...El Cap seems to have more slow days than
good days this year.
Tight lines
Swings are free
Angler

Post by Swings are free »

Chunky
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Nice work! That one looks like it's been taking steroids=)
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

KillinTime wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:11 pm Nice work! That one looks like it's been taking steroids=)
Yeah that one bass definitely was buffed. With a quick release there was no time for a drug test...ha ha. :-)
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Sweet. 👍👍👍.