Three little bass

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Three little bass

Post by Fisheromen »

First of all, thanks to whomever saw the need to start this new site! It is very much appreciated!

As many of you know I frequent Sutherland on most Fridays. This year I am attempting to fish an entirely differently lake. It is 40 feet deeper that the lake I fished in the fall! On the opener the water temp was 53 degrees! After fishing the second week without so much as a bite, I decided to let the lake warm and settle. Well it has warmed to 60 and the bite has improved but not much by past springtime standards. I am usually pulling on fairly heavy limits. Last Friday I caught 3 clone bass about 1.5 lbs each. 3 bites, 3 fish! My hookup percentage was great! :lol: Those fish were up very tight, which is a good sign, I think.

Launch conditions are less than ideal. Pretty much one person at a time. You have to park up by the bathrooms.

Nothing pic-worthy. Not sure I could post pics anyway.

Blessings!
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Three little bass

Post by Stringbean »

I’m glad you found the new site, I always enjoy your reports.
Nice to see the forum return.
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

If I did not know you better, I would think you caught three bass between 3 to 5 pounds and keeping it low-key…. but since you’re such an honest guy, I have to believe that you got three small bass. Getting on the water is always better then not getting on the water and catching bass no matter what the conditions is the icing on the cake.
Thanks for sharing and tight lines always.:-)
<º)))><.. <º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

What's the deal with launching? I don't plan on taking my boat but the float tube per usual. Is there not enough parking on the dirt roads to the left and right of the launch ramp?
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

As of 2 weeks ago, the launch ramp was completely under water and the road at the top of the ramp was under water in places. The dirt road north of the ramp is now mostly fish habitat. They're sending alot of water to San V but it was refilling faster than it was emptying. They've increased the rate they're releasing water so it may have changed this week. Hopefully they don't draw it down too much...like they normally do!
BigDaddyTR21
Angler

Post by BigDaddyTR21 »

Hows the water level at Sutherland? I'm hoping its real full cause the back of Santa Isabella arm is very fun once you get way back there.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Almost full. Yeah the back of the SY arm is huge! The narrows is 60' deep!