After them boils

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

After them boils

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

20230722_102221.jpg
5th time at barret last Saturday and it was another good day landed about 20plus with a bunch of early release ... parked at pigs and set sail for mid hauser. While everyone was on the shores i hit the middle of the lake and only saw one other guy chasing the boils... The boils where amazing and splashing all over... i was mostly throwing the SPRO rat and they where destroying it before the rod tip snapped off(forgot i had braid on) then switch to crankbaits...so this is where it gets interesting i threw 5 6 different crankbaits and none got hit so i finally took out the white 6 sense crankbait and it was got hit insta. i was also having great luck with a wacky rig throwing a white BIOSPAWN exostick and popping like a topwater bait wind started to pick up around 11ish so i started to head back bout noon i was loading up.
Biggest fish 3.8 smallest bass about 1pound

Lures that work for me was the SPRO rat, BIOSPAWN white exostick,6 sense white shade crankbait,river2sea bullfrog frog
Also had 2 huge blowups on the manifold swimbait castellon

Lures that i threw and didnt get hit or blown up on
Lucky craft crankbaits ...black and blue worms,cheap swimbaits lol...ploopers, different wake baits,jitterbug...

I also have to add this year has been a lot less jerks on the lake last year i felt like people would get in the way on purpose just to be jerks, Must be the high water cause everyone i have met has been super cool and mellow
Jesus saves 🙌