Murray AM

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Murray AM

Post by VinnyBass »

Heck, out of all the guys on SDFish, it seems like only a few go bass fishing based on the amount of actual new posts each week.
I know that there are slow times for everyone when you may only catch one or a few small ones, but why not share it. I understand there are some guys who like to keep their fishing catches and baits used a secret and that is fine. But come one, there has to be more guys out there that could share and post something about their fishing trips to make this site more interesting and fun.
So nobody is going bass fishing??? ha ha. Hard to believe.
If it was a tough fishing trip, you can still post something and others can maybe share their experiences as they have had a slow day also or maybe tips that helped them catch bass on those slow days.
Anyway, hit Murray from shore for a few hours this morning. I know guys get tired of my Murray reports, but am sharing it in hopes to motivate some of you fishermen out there to post something. OK..enough preaching.
Used a fluke, a jerk bait and DS to catch 3 small bass. It got hot quick so out of there by 9.
Tight lines
IMG_6735.PNG
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: Murray AM

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:04 am Heck, out of all the guys on SDFish, it seems like only a few go bass fishing based on the amount of actual new posts each week.
I know that there are slow times for everyone when you may only catch one or a few small ones, but why not share it. I understand there are some guys who like to keep their fishing catches and baits used a secret and that is fine. But come one, there has to be more guys out there that could share and post something about their fishing trips to make this site more interesting and fun.
If it was a tough fishing trip, you can still post something and others can maybe share their experiences as they have had a slow day also or maybe tips that helped them catch bass on those slow days.
Anyway, hit Murray from shore for a few hours this morning. I know guys get tired of my Murray reports, but am sharing it in hopes to motivate some of you fishermen out there to post something. OK..enough preaching.
Used a fluke, a jerk bait and DS to catch 3 small bass. It got hot quick so out of there by 9.
Tight lines
IMG_6735.PNG
From the shore??? I swear I saw you pulling your boat out this morning...
Screenshot_20230718-113621_Photos.jpg
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

It would be nice to see some new faces on the fish reports...instead of just Vinny's pretty mug! He promises he won't come take over your lake if you post a report!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:55 am It would be nice to see some new faces on the fish reports...instead of just Vinny's pretty mug! He promises he won't come take over your lake if you post a report!
That is why we need more guys to post…….trust me, I even get tired of seeing my selfies. :-)
Hey @McFish....maybe covering my face helps a little???
Probably not...ha ha
IMG_6738.PNG
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:49 am
VinnyBass wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:04 am Heck, out of all the guys on SDFish, it seems like only a few go bass fishing based on the amount of actual new posts each week.
Tight lines
IMG_6735.PNG
From the shore??? I swear I saw you pulling your boat out this morning...Screenshot_20230718-113621_Photos.jpg
One of these days I need to pull all of those cans out of my boat to take to the recycler so I could buy more stuff at Tackle Warehouse. :-)
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Agreed, it's seems like a few of the members on here are the cornerstone of the site. I appreciate you guys for caring the weight.
I spend the majority of my fishing days on the ocean, butI will see what I can do to add to the content. I love your posts, so I can see what the freshwater front is up to!

Thank you to the members that do the vast majority of posts. I guess it's like fishing.... 90% of the bass are in 10% of the lake=)
tomnilll
Pro Angler

Post by tomnilll »

OK so here's a few...not on subject but seemingly on topic. All from Hodges last Saturday. They seem to be getting harder to find...

The one with my ugly mug in it is from the 4th.
Attachments
20230712_071313.jpg
20230712_071517.jpg
20230712_074452.jpg
20230704_075743.jpg
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Nice!!!!
No ugly mug…. just a happy fisherman. :-)
Tight lines.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Agree VB and have to admit I’m not in a hurry to post about slow days. So here…hit the Cap on Sunday and it was rough on us. Landed 2 dinks fishing shallow and that was it for both of us. We were planning to scoot early anyway before the oven turned on but the lack of catch made it easy. My observation was there is 1. Dropping water and 2. Very little bait on the shoreline so fewer chasers. White blades and a reaper accounted for the fish caught but tried jerk baits, flukes, and worms deeper. I don’t think there was great success from others but I’m sure somebody cracked the code. I did see a guy spooning deeper off a point which tells me it was not a shallows day and maybe the summer doldrums are upon us there? Then I see a bitchin post from San V where limits were caught shallow. Water rising and bait all over the place. Hmmm. At the very least, I went to the wrong lake!
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Hi VB,

Agree on the need for posting also. I work at a computer most of the day ( dreaming I am fishing ) so I like to take breaks to see what's happening out in the fishing world. It's great to see the updates and I like to read them all. It also helps inform those of us who only get a couple days to fish on where to go and maybe what to do, at least I think so. I seem to only be able to go to one lake lately though...

Cheers,

ER
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

We all need to post, Vinny looks' sooo sad!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Not real sad, but I have to admit that was a more serious look.
Maybe it helped inspire me to get a message out that it would be great if others out there could post a fish report once in a while or when you can. I know most peoples lives are very busy and finding time to post something is not always a priority and that's cool. But at least once in a while if guys can try to post one to help keep the site fresh it would make for a more interesting site not just for me but many of you good fishermen out there. You don't have to write a novel(like I often do..ha ha), but a little something with maybe a few pics can bring so much more life to all the areas of the site.
Anyway......Best wishes and Tight Lines Always. :-)
Vinny
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

I try and stay out of politics ;)
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

camobass wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:29 pm I try and stay out of politics ;)
Didn't see any politics in my post,.......oh I see you are just making a statement that you try to stay out of politics.....got it!
Tight lines to ya
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Just making a joke. I still haven’t seen a fish report from your buddy who was always bashing guys for never posting fish reports. Maybe you can sweet talk him in to posting one. (Btw, that’s another joke, we know he won’t) :lol:
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

camobass wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:55 am Just making a joke. I still haven’t seen a fish report from your buddy who was always bashing guys for never posting fish reports. Maybe you can sweet talk him in to posting one. (Btw, that’s another joke, we know he won’t) :lol:
Got it! That is funny. I guess I looked too deep into your comment. Anyway, hope all is going well.
I kick myself for being lazy and not going out to that lake way out there off Buckman Springs a few months ago, which is probably the best time you have a chance for a nice fat bass. There is always next year..ha ha Take care and tight lines. :-)
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

You too. Lines aren’t as tight as they usually are lately or wet. Medical and local lake got wrecked by crooked politicians….woops, politics
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Stringbean »

Vinny,
I'm fishing el cap , Monday morning.
I'll post the out come, good or not so good.
I love being on the water, so good or bad it's good too me.
I know what your talking about, I fish these lakes 2-3 days a week.
Theres people fishing, everyone fishes a little different, changing the bite, I have guests say . I'm using the same things ,why are you catching them.
It time on the water. The one thing I can say , you cant to fish to slow.
Fishing too fast is the biggest mistake.
If it was a secret I'll let everyone know, I'm just as happy watching someone catching a PB, as catching my self.
I hook and hand tuna to young people, woman , people that have never caught a tuna, and totaly enjoying them fighting the fish. I know the feeling.
When I get too the man in the sky, I'm going to get a smile.
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
galen
Pro Angler

Post by galen »

IMG_2675.jpeg
IMG_2674.jpeg
These are the only 2 LMB I’ve caught since August of last year. Last weekend at Dos Picos. Believe me I would post more if I had more time to fish.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

galen wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:58 pm IMG_2675.jpegIMG_2674.jpeg
These are the only 2 LMB I’ve caught since August of last year. Last weekend at Dos Picos. Believe me I would post more if I had more time to fish.
Gotta love it! That. is so cool.
I used to live on Zion ave in the early 80's and I used to go down Zion ave across Mission Gorge Rd and down right where it meets Riverdale st. There was a very small waterway there and I used to catch small bass in there and it was kind of hidden from the golf course. I went down there usually after work and it was really fun. Of course back then it was fairly safe. A few months ago after leaving Filippis I was going to go explore the area with Deb, but there was a few homeless guys screaming at each other and just decided it was not a good time.