7/10 San V....Yes, San V

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

7/10 San V....Yes, San V

Post by VinnyBass »

Recently after moving lots of junk around in my garage( while getting rid of junk also), my boat sat there looking like a storage unit. There was junk beside it, under it and on it.,,,it was crazy! So I went a little crazy on Sunday afternoon and moved everything around so that I could actually pull it out of the garage if I wanted to. Well, this morning I wanted to fish so while the water levels are rising but still very low at Murray, I decided to get the boat out on the water and headed to San V this morning. It was a rough start as I had to make a trip to get gas at Costco, then returned home and hooked up the boat and realized about 2 miles away that I did not have the boat keys....................So finally was on the water at V around 8a.m.
Took off to an area near Barona Arm and caught a bass on a crawbait and then saw some bass in 25-30' and caught 3 more small ones on spoons which was fun. As I was working the spoons, a boat slowly headed towards me. Yes...it was McFish and probably shocked to see me. He said he never sees many guys vertical jigging spoons much and thought that has to be Vinny and had to come over to verify it was me. Anyway, McFish was kind enough to send me to another spot he said is good where I lost 4 rigs quickly to the trees, then just after losing another on a hook set I was greeted by RamonaAngler which was nice. I finally did pick up a couple more bass there. Watched McFish in another area pull in some bass as stayed back a ways trying to catch his leftovers..ha ha
When it was all said and done after losing some in the rocks and trees, I managed to pull in 9 bass.
None were that big, but it was fun getting the boat out back on the water again and nice seeing and chatting
with Ramona Angler and of course Mr. McFish. :-).
IMG_6516.PNG
IMG_6518.PNG
IMG_6519.PNG
Most were really small like this......still better than nothing..ha ha
IMG_6521.PNG
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Re: 7/10 San V....Yes, San V

Post by Fisheromen »

Conquered another road fear! Good for you!
Did Mr McFish catch any?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Fisheromen wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:39 pm Conquered another road fear! Good for you!
Did Mr McFish catch any?
From the narrow winding road at El Cap... to the steep climb up the hill to get to San V and rollercoaster ride when leaving :-)
I do not want to spoil his post, but yes @Mcfish did catch some bass.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

@Mcfish always kids me on how often I change baits and I just noticed that the 4 pics I posted of bass were caught on a Googan crawbait, pumpkin colored thin Senko, a purple regular Senko and a Margarita Mutilator Roboworm. I guess he is right...ha ha
RamonaAngler
Angler

Post by RamonaAngler »

I was talking to Mcfish at the docks when he mentioned Mr. Vinnybass was out on his boat up at the North End. I headed up North and there was Vinnybass spooning in deeper water. Chatted for a few and then I told him I'm heading to the bushes. My 3rd cast I hooked a 4+lb bass on my frog, but he jumped and shook his head at the boat and sent my frog flying. What in the?!?!?!? Heart breaker on that one. Great to see Vinny out there on his boat, especially after all the clean up he had to do 1st. Tight lines my friend.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Great seeing you out there Brett. Pretty surprising to see me eh?
I have a new nickname for you....... Ramona"the Frogman"Angler.
You really know how to get those bass to hit those frogs. I need lessons.......:-)
Tight lines always
RamonaAngler
Angler

Post by RamonaAngler »

VinnyBass wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:35 am Great seeing you out there Brett. Pretty surprising to see me eh?
I have a new nickname for you....... Ramona"the Frogman"Angler.
You really know how to get those bass to hit those frogs. I need lessons.......:-)
Tight lines always
Yes I was very surprised and happy to see you out there at San V on Monday.
I absolutely love the frog bite and have gotten pretty good with the frog after
100's of casts....LOL. I like the nickname :) or how about: The Frogman from Ramona.
Tight lines my friend. Hope to see you out there again soon. Let me know when I can
launch my boat at Murray and I'll head "down the hill".