Barrett Personal Best! July 9th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Hellavate
Angler

Barrett Personal Best! July 9th

Post by Hellavate »

Still working on quantity but quality is way up! Was on the lake 420 at Pine Arm by 445. Got some dropshot in the water and caught one with the stars still out! That was really fun. Then moved deeper into Pine and saw some boiling that I was able to put a white/chartreuse jackhammer on. Didn't weigh him either just trying to get another on (partner had 7 by then).

Then we moved over to Hauser once the wind kicked up throwing along the coves with not much luck - we got to our little spot waaaaay back on hauser to where the water runs out - and I threw some wacky rigs along the trees for the first time to eventually get SMOKED and drag peeled because I had it all loosey goosey to pull up my person best 4lb 4oz feller! I only ended the day with 7 fish - still trying to learn to get on quantity there. I feel like I fish the whole lake and only find a couple fish but it's too beautiful not to go everytime I can! 22 in the boat and on the road by 3 - not a lot of people out today was pretty surprised to only see 5 people at 4.
5:03 AM dropshot
5:03 AM dropshot
Jackhammer
Jackhammer
big feller
Big Feller on wacky!
Big Feller on wacky!
two pics of Big Feller
Two pics of Big Feller!
Two pics of Big Feller!
Attachments
Wacky
Wacky
Early release
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Personal Best! July 9th

Post by Early release »

You have to be over at Pigs point at 0400, the float tube/kayak bunch is always a crowd. Congratulations on your personal best. It really was a good day for everyone out.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Personal Best! July 9th

Post by JWall »

Congrats on the PB! Barrett bass are so healthy and feisty! I thought for sure I had several 5+ the way my drag was pulling Saturday but they all turned out in the 3-4 range. The bigguns are out there tho, got a 9 in Hauser in 2019.