San Vicente question

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
Lucky7
Angler

San Vicente question

Post by Lucky7 »

I was trying to rent a kayak for the day at San V maybe this weekend, but only with the sole purpose of fishing, are allowed to fish on their rental yaks?
Dima
Angler

Re: San Vicente question

Post by Dima »

Lucky7 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:11 pm I was trying to rent a kayak for the day at San V maybe this weekend, but only with the sole purpose of fishing, are allowed to fish on their rental yaks?
I'm not sure if you can fish on their kayaks but I just wanted to say that San Vicente is a fairly large reservoir and there are many ski boats creating wake during weekends so it may be a struggle for you to fish from a yak. The far point of the lake where ski boats don't reach (San V creek) is approximately 2.5 miles from the dock. It takes about 15 minutes to get there on a rental fishing boat.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

It's definitely going to be a bumpy ride if you go this weekend...go early and you might get a couple hours before the crazies show up...good luck!!!
Lucky7
Angler

Post by Lucky7 »

Haha I mean it didn’t have to be this weekend I was just asking in general, I’ve just been itching to fish off a yak but I had too many modelos last night to wake up early so there goes my plans for today lol