Barrett report June 21

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report June 21

Post by Early release »

Here's the details on June 21 at Barrett. It was really a low wind day, most water surfaces were glassy smooth until 1130 or so. Slight wind at about 1030 or so in the wide open areas. For me the bite was in groups again. I got a total of 12. They were on the underspin, crankbait, few poppers and the always trusted jerkbait was my leading bait. Ran into one of my buddies here, Chuck, he did better than that and I think it was mostly topwater. Chatting with others along the way didn't show big numbers either. One guy said he got 15, but then he said there some escapees, I don't know if that includes the escapees or not. Water temp in the early morning is now 72 and some at 74. Also, the water in Hauser seemed slightly less clear.

Also, they are not running around in wolf packs busting shad yet. But there is so much bait in the lake, it's going to be soon, then we can scream flukes across the surface knowing they can't be reeled too fast. Isn't this a great sport?
thumbnail_IMG_9563.jpg
PatFlynn
Angler

Re: Barrett report June 21

Post by PatFlynn »

Thanks for the update! I'll have one for the crew after I go next Wednesday. Tight lines!
619bassin
Pro Angler

Re: Barrett report June 21

Post by 619bassin »

Great to see you too Dave. I loved it when it’s calm in the morning,especially when you throw top water. Popper, crawler again this week ( different size seems to draw the bigger fish). Did missed on frog blowup (2). Biggest was 3lb, but when they hit top water it seems bigger. Love this place!
Attachments
IMG_3644.jpeg
IMG_3626.jpeg