Barrett report June 17

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report June 17

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Short report with no pictures. Forgot my phone in the truck. Doesn't matter since there's no signal, it's only pictures I'm missing I thought. I caught a 2 pound 3 ounce crappie which is the biggest I have caught. He came on a full size crankbait, so that was also a surprise. My wife says no picture, no catch. Need a ruling here team. My pride is on the line, and a big crappie catch.

Water is still hovering between 70 -72 degrees. Wind was pretty calm all morning. I had a short day today but... I have finally broken my popper curse and got 9 in Hauser on a popper. Biggest was 3p6o, which is a decent fish. Rest were two pounders. Other than that 6 bass on crankbaits and jerkbaits. Besides, the 1 massive crappie on a crankbait I got a couple typical crappies on jerkbait. No jig or spinnerbait action. I didn't hear a lot of activity yesterday from the people I chatted with. It seemed a bit slow. I got lucky on the popper bite I think.

There is so much bait in the lake. But yesterday I saw a lot of schools of very small minnows in addition to the shad. Also saw a frog that was so big, I almost apologized to him for disturbing him. I'd like to catch the bass that could eat him. Although, I am in a kayak, that kind of fish might be a problem. :)

Good luck out there.
MaxZmus
Pro Angler

Re: Barrett report June 17

Post by MaxZmus »

“Also saw a frog that was so big, I almost apologized to him for disturbing him.”

:lol:

I agree with the Mrs. no picture no fish ;) . Congrats on breaking your popper curse. Looking forward to your next report. Thank you!
Hellavate
Angler

Post by Hellavate »

You know the rules man! haha Still a sick day, that's a lot on the popper! Excited to run my whopper plopper over in Hauser this sunday.
Billy Senko
Angler

Post by Billy Senko »

Well it all comes down to history. Have you ever BSed about the fish you caught????? If not I believe you. I have also caught a bunch of crappie on crankbaits. Not to mention jerkbaits , swimbaits, senkos and even a spinner bait. So... If you did catch it, count it. A couple years ago I caught 9 crappie in a row throwing a little swimbait there at Barrett.
tomnilll
Pro Angler

Post by tomnilll »

I was also there on the 17th. Spent a lot of time running the boat for my brother, who insisted on throwing a frog all day. I did find time to grab a few on mostly soft jerkbaits, and my brother missed about 6 good blowups on the frog. Finally got him to switch to a worm and he got a few (example shown). Has anyone else got any of the googly eyed ones...they look kinda silly.
Attachments
20230617_063705.jpg
20230617_120957.jpg
20230617_070422.jpg