New Loveland Updates

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Re: New Loveland Updates

Post by camobass »

Thanks for all your efforts. You went above and beyond
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

You bet Camo, I am not quitting. Just have to have a new perspective that it isn't all on my shoulders anymore.
There are other people, who also are "leading". I don't have control over "compromises" that I would never make.
I have heard a lot of sympathy for Sweetwater and talk of compromise and me getting criticized for wanting "Accountability"
Hopefully, any and all advocates turn away from that kind of stuff and I have encouraged them to do so.
It seems for now there is solidarity on the original fishing program including sunrise to sunset.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

I am not a very good quitter. I need help calling out the Forest Supervisor. Every couple of emails helps. Repetition is one of the most important tools in persuasion. We need to quit debating the guy and call him out. "Use your authority to open our lake and quit denying it...quit denying citizens what is best regarding the administration of Loveland's public access. He's pushed us off on the Sweetwater Authority long enough.

The problem at Loveland is being lied to by the Forest Service Supervisor and our congresspeople do not give a damn. Of course, Sweetwater is going to take all they can under the circumstances.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=64BC133F
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Supposedly the Forest Supervisor is trying to schedule a date for the Alpine Community Planning Group meeting. Possibly as early as the end of July. That's something they don't want to do for sure so that's good if it happens. That claim was made by the Chair of the Alpine Group, He said Forest Supervisor Tangenberg wanted to join a meeting, but he said it four months ago too. Just two weeks ago the Forest Supervisor was STILL being dishonest in emails to people I got to write him about the power of the easement to give us sunrise-to-sunset access and avoids answering most.

The Descanso Ranger, Robert Heiar is permanently gone. Allegheny Forest Pennsylvania. Good riddance. It seems like they have told the new acting Descanso Ranger to keep his mouth shut about Loveland Reservoir. Not sure if he will stay here.

That's a good thing anyway, about not hearing anything from the Descanso Rangers. The most responsible is Forest Supervisor Tangenberg, who kicked this mess off in 2020. I could see unwanted things happening. new fees maybe? I don't really know. The Forest Service had unnecessarily bent over backward for the Sweetwater Authority for so long.....I am not sure how the spine gets fixed. Tangenberg and the Descanso ranger should be demoted or get fired...They definitely owe the whole community a big apology. I can't see anything but excuses from them if anything though.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Believe it or not, Sweetwater is trying to get FEMA money for damage from "flooding" preceded by "drought" at Loveland Reservoir, and other insurance money too. Some of it is for the fishing float and "recreation trails" that were damaged by "flooding". Really unbelievable. They will likely just pocket any money or much of it. Also if you are getting Federal Dollars, or even trying to for a fishing program facility repair....why refuse to restock the fish you killed?

Needless to say, I stirred up the pot on this one. Including pointing out that the things they want money from the Government for may be proved to have been caused by the Sweetwater Directors while violating their water license and earning a CalEPA violation.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Wow
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

I'm not kidding. Apparently, they asked FEMA for money to replace the bouy line for the fishing program.
And also reported the erosion of recreation trails.
Flood plain sediments 150' wide by 15' deep for as much as a mile long. None of it happens from rain in the 75 years since the dam was built, or until they drained the lake to a dead pool removing. Now the public is supposed to give them money?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a4djTN ... sp=sharing
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

So they are trying to say it’s a natural disaster but in reality, it’s a man made disaster. I hope it gets exposed for what it is. Corruption at its finest. You can’t make this stuff up
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

camobass wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:06 am So they are trying to say it’s a natural disaster but in reality, it’s a man-made disaster. I hope it gets exposed for what it is. Corruption at its finest. You can’t make this stuff up
It is exposed. I exposed it thoroughly yesterday. CalEPA, CalOES, FEMA case managers, Sweetwater's Private insurer and several adjusters, Congressman Issa's staff, the Staff of several state Senators, and a few of the state Senators, I did this by phone calls and email. It is exposed. Like with everything else about the Sweetwater Authority, will anybody give a crap? Or just throw money at them?

Sweetwater did this knowing people are watching and want justice on so many fronts. They just aren't worried about it.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

From the FEMA damage report. This is the sand that was around and under the fishing dock. $5 million, no details about how it is supposed to be spent. Maybe Sweetwater is trying to claim "lost storage capacity". I saw something about that. There is no loss in storage because it was dirt that was already below the high water line by a long shot an left a hole as big as what was moved.
5 Million for Erosion..png
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Possible good development:
I spoke with a young man from Congressman Issa’s constituent services team in Temecula yesterday. It appears that Congressman Issa's staff have, at least temporarily, opened the casework for help with the Forest Service that I posted about around a week ago.
My understanding is that one or two of his legislative directors in Washington are reaching out to the Forest Service.
The Forest Service will almost certainly claim that I am misguided on Loveland, excessively persistent and that my casework should be closed.
Though some setbacks would not surprise me, the best choice, it seems, is to trust the process. This casework acceptance is undoubtedly evidence that everyone's advocacy is paying off.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Andrew Hayes, District Director for CA Senator Jones, is offering and Zoom or in-person meeting to update Loveland Advocates on developments in his office since the Senator sent letters of support for us to the Sweetwater Authority Board of Directors and Cleveland National Forest Supervisor Scott Tangenberg.
The in-person. (Up to about a dozen people maximum) is at: Senator Jones' Scripps Ranch office.
10650 Treena Street #110
San Diego, CA 92131
Phone: (858) 547-3818
Zoom info:
I am looking forward to our Zoom meeting tomorrow at 2:30 pm.
Office of Senator Brian W. Jones is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89526469034...
Meeting ID: 895 2646 9034
Passcode: 604510
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Good Meeting with Senator Jones District Director Andrew Hayes.
The Forest Service was not in the meeting, but we got feedback on what they have been pitching to Andrew Hayes since Senator Jones wrote the Forest Service and Sweetwater letters of support for Loveland recreation users.

The Forest Service is apparently backtracking on the ' this is the final word" on Sunset Closing and other elements they denied the easement and land swap protection. However, they are throwing in distractions. Main distractions, and I predicted this would come many times is that the public should pay fees to have sunrise to sunset or establish volunteer teams to help Sweetwater.

No concern on Supervisor Tangenberg's part for the 13+ years Sweetwater cheated us out of sunset closing while the Forest Service was asleep, or for the chaos they have brought over the last three years since we went to the Forest Service asking them to do their jobs.

The distraction is for Supervisor Tangenberg to avoid admitting that they were wrong and made awful conclusions about the easement and sided with the wrong team, Sweetwater instead of. US Citizens. Make the w public pay for sunset closing rather than admit they were wrong. All advocates disagree f we can stay unified. Just give us our easement access and keep water contiguous to the "Shoreline" in the easement.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

I wish I had the old SDfish Loveland thread. It would be a good record about now. Don't need it but would be nice to have for when the movie gets made.
SLURP
Angler

Post by SLURP »

Complainants of the way back machine. https://web.archive.org/web/20220121112 ... ost-704375
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Wow! Thank you! That's amazing. I tried it a while back and the results were not good.
If anyone knows how to download and save the thread for me please help.
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

Forest Service Website until recently.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210718234 ... rdb5275770

After deleting the Sunrise to Sunset Sign and The original Flyer that said Sunrise to Sunset a few months ago.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/clev ... rdb5275770
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

People who have been following or helping with the Loveland problem know how overdue this next announcement is:

Loveland Update:
Meeting Scheduled with Forest Service:

Let the Forest Service Know Your Views

The Cleveland National Forest Supervisor, Scott Tangenberg, has committed to attend the Alpine Community Planning Group meeting on August 24th at 6:00 PM.
Scott.Tangenberg@USDA.gov

Please attend to make your public comment. We need speakers to share how much they care about the recreation program, wildlife/environmental issues, and public safety which are all dependent on a minimum pool of water which was promised via the fishing program.
Supporting without speaking is very important too.

Mr. Tangenberg told an advocate that he is going to talk about programs for wildfire issues and just briefly repeat that only Sweetwater has control of Loveland. Mr. Tangenberg’s refusal to fulfill USFS's responsibility to the public needs to be confronted. The USFS abdication of responsibility signals agreement that SWA can drain and/or close the reservoir, dislocate wildlife, and kill fish if they recover again. The basic minimum pool is a huge firefighting resource.

Let’s tell Mr. Tangenberg that lake users, the environment, and public safety can be supported by fair USFS administration of shoreline access from sunrise to sunset. Prior USFS Supervisors upheld the balance of water use, environmental protection, and public recreation. We can get there again!

August 24th at 6:00 PM
Address: 1830 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, CA 91901
https://www.eastcountymagazine.org/acce ... 7zuuyG_lI0
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »

I wonder who is opening this thread and what they think about the future of Loveland and the future recreation, especially the fishing program there. That curiosity extends to the general public in the east county too.

We are definitely, at least potentially going into pivotal territory with the Forest Service. The next couple of months holds a lot of intrigue for me anyway. Will the Forest Supervisor and Descanso Ranger be forced to stop helping Sweetwater rewrite the history of the Land Swap, to stop reinventing the easement hours favorably to Sweetwater and against the public, and quit feigning complete powerlessness when it suits them? Will Sunrise to Sunset hours be restored?

The second source of ongoing intrigue:
Using a wrestling analogy, Sweetwater is pinned with My CalEPA complaint and one submitted by another advocate. However, what will the referee do with this pinning of the Sweetwater Authority? The referee is the combination of regulators at CalEPA, the State Water Resources Control Board Enforcement Section including the local regional office(R9), and other California agencies, possibly even the up-until-now invisible DFW.
Will the "referee" respect the applicable sections of the California Constitution, water code, historical legislative acts, Fish and Game code, and other tools at their disposal and force the balance of water storage, environmental protection, and public beneficial uses that they should?

Will the referee be pushed off by state politicians?

Will there be some big reversal of any real or imagined progress made towards keeping our lake and fishing open and fish stocks recovering?
Everydog
Extreme Angler

Post by Everydog »