6/8 Murray

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

6/8 Murray

Post by VinnyBass »

My buddy Joe joined me again this morning in hopes of another topwater bonanza like we had in May(boating 21 bass). Only this time with little to no topwater action at all. As the water glassed off, I thought to myself......is this a lake or an oil painting? ha ha. I mean there was a random bass here and there breaking the surface but that shut off quickly. We still worked all types of reaction baits and later finally gave in to using plastic worms. When it was all said and done after both of us had 3 or 4 bass come unbuttoned, I landed 7 and Joe 3. Most were small but did get a couple healthy ones. What was sad was Joe was randomly tossing a Sammy late in the morning and the water suddenly exploded as a nice bass crashed on it but somehow avoided the hooks.....crazy! We both seemed to talk about the ones that came off a lot as a slow day makes you think.....if I only landed that one or that other one....ha ha. All part of fishing and anyway it was fun catching up and talking about years and years of past fishing experiences we shared together.
The water level keeps going down daily which is very troubling, but we both had fun and that is what counts no matter how many bass you catch or don't catch.

Vinny using a jerk bait?...ha ha
IMG_5797.PNG
My smallest on a McFish style DS rig
IMG_5809.PNG
5790.jpg
IMG_5808.PNG
IMG_5791.jpg

Bye bye water.... :-(

Less than a week ago
IMG_5811.PNG
Today when we left the lake
IMG_5796.jpg
<º)))><.. <º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: 6/8 Murray

Post by Mcfish »

Soon it will be Pond Murray! All that rain this winter and the City can't keep water in the lakes...hilarious! You should of taken those bass home and put them in your aquarium...before they end up like Lovelands poor fish! Nice job figuring out the bite..but you could of started with the dropshot and ended up with 30+...lol! Glad you could get together with your old friend from across the Big Pond!
Slater
Pro Angler

Post by Slater »

Vinny is to special to fish the ds, he has his tokyo rig.....
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Slater wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:55 pm Vinny is to special to fish the ds, he has his tokyo rig.....
My Tokyo Rigs are getting dusty from lack of use…ha ha
Lately I’ve been mostly just concentrating on trying to find finding busting bass or balls of shad and using reaction baits. I’ve caught a number of bass on a variety of reaction baits over the last so many weeks. In between that, I have thrown plastic worms and craw baits every once in a while. I do throw a drop shot… especially when things are really really slow, that’s when I most likely would throw a drop shot.
Heck, I should listen to Mcfish as his main bait is a drop shot and he catches a lot of fish as we all know. Funny, we all have our fishing quirks.
Tight lines buddy :-)
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:29 pm Soon it will be Pond Murray! All that rain this winter and the City can't keep water in the lakes...hilarious! You should of taken those bass home and put them in your aquarium...before they end up like Lovelands poor fish! Nice job figuring out the bite..but you could of started with the dropshot and ended up with 30+...lol! Glad you could get together with your old friend from across the Big Pond!
You told me that you may come down and float tube Murray one day soon.....other than from shore, that may be the only way other other than a kayak for you to fish if the lake gets too low and they close the boat ramp again. Word is that they are going to keep lowering the lake because of the 4th of July fireworks. Years ago I remember them lowering the lake to to set up the fireworks along the shoreline, but never ever this low. Anyway, I heard it from a buddy(don't worry Larry I won't tell them your name..ha ha) but it came right from City workers at the lake he spoke with the other day.
Sad.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

By the way @mcfish.......I noticed you do not have an avatar so I found you a couple samples that you may want to use one….
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
or this one seems like a good choice...
images-1.jpeg
HookEmDanO
Pro Angler

Post by HookEmDanO »

^ funny
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Good show blokes! Love the Sunnies!
RamonaAngler
Angler

Post by RamonaAngler »

Another decent day at Murray for you and your friend Joe. Glad you figured them out and were able to catch 7. I'll take 7 bass any day. :)
Might have to make a trip down to Murray when the water comes up...and to Sutherland when the water comes down.... :?
Big C
Pro Angler

Post by Big C »

I would like to order a dozen McFish sandwiches please.
StinkyPinky23
Mega Pro Angler

Post by StinkyPinky23 »

“Fished the dropshot today for 31 fish!! With the best 31 totaling 32.7lbs!!”
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

StinkyPinky23 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:30 am “Fished the dropshot today for 31 fish!! With the best 31 totaling 32.7lbs!!”
Sweet!!!
Thank you StinkyPunky23. You proved(and what McFish also said) that using the drop shot really pays off. I need to try not so stubborn and stop using 5-10 other baits it before I finally go to a DS on a slow fishing day. And it looks like you consistently caught fish that weighed about the same so it would be easier to get a pretty accurate weigh total based on how many you catch. :-)
Tight lines
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Big C wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:27 am I would like to order a dozen McFish sandwiches please.
Making them as fast as I can...
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

:)
StinkyPinky23 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:30 am “Fished the dropshot today for 31 fish!! With the best 31 totaling 32.7lbs!!”
Funny! Don't tell Vinny that, he'll believe you.....
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:18 am :)
Geez…I just rigged up 10 fishing rods will drop shots.
I am ready for action. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:07 am
Mcfish wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:18 am :)
Not enough....
Slater
Pro Angler

Post by Slater »

Thats how you do it, handful of rods always in the truck & usually all of them have a ds tied-on, & 1 IKA...
I try to avoid re-rigging while on the water!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Slater wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Thats how you do it, handful of rods always in the truck & usually all of them have a ds tied-on, & 1 IKA...
I try to avoid re-rigging while on the water!
To be honest, I looked this morning and I have 12 rods in my boat and not one has a drop shot rigged on it.
I have 3 rods with Tokyo rigs, 1 rod with an underspin, 1 rod with a jerk bait, 2 rods with wacky rigged senkos, 2 rods with spoons,
1 rod with Texas rigged worm, 1 rod with a Texas rigged crawbait and 1 rod with a ned rig.
I know that @Mcfish would be deeply disappointed......but he has seen how fast and often I change baits so those combinations
or baits can change quickly, especially if he is catching lots of bass on drop shots near me...:-)