Barrett report June 3

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report June 3

Post by Early release »

Hi all,

Got on the lake a little before 5AM. Zipped across the lake from pigs and by 6AM I had 9 in the kayak and thought I couldn't miss. 6 on crankbait and 3 on jigs. Then I pretty much hit the brakes.Over the next 4-5 hours, I pulled in 6 more full size clones and 2 of this year's models. I'm not counting those two, but they certainly showed ambition.
thumbnail_IMG_9463.jpg
that's a #7 Rapala for scale.

Water temp was about 70 everywhere. The sky was pretty clear and last couple of trips it was pretty cloudy, so I don't know if that messed with my success. As usual, I couldn't do anything with poppers, but I watched another person catch one on a popper right by me. Wind was ok until about 10AM and then started really blowing. I was off the water by 11. Seemed like people were catching fish on a mixed bag of lures, no clear pattern that I saw or heard. Also saw a couple fish finally boiling on the water, I didn't get to them in time, but maybe the open water surface packs are coming soon. Good luck.