Hodges

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Re: Hodges

Post by VinnyBass »

There will sure be a ton of happy fishermen if Hodges opens. Hopefully shore fishing and float tubes and kayaks will lead to boat launches.
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Screenshot_20230524-210214_Facebook.jpg
It's coming...
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

It’s gonna look like a giant bowl of Cheerios with all those float tubes that will be on the water soon. :-)
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
Nelson 1
Angler

Post by Nelson 1 »

I heard they also advise not to eat any fish in that lake high bacteria levels
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

Nelson 1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:56 pm I heard they also advise not to eat any fish in that lake high bacteria levels
I prefer to eat the oceanic species I catch full of mercury. It adds a special life span of 3-14 years divided by 0
Nelson 1
Angler

Post by Nelson 1 »

Mercury is good
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

Going to be Combat Fishing for a few weeks. The Crappie will be deep now. Quality over quantity is a high probability as all the fish have been forced to live in a smaller area. Big chows on Small. CPR the big Girls to maintain their genetics. Pull out all the Shad sucking Carp you can. More food for the Bass. I sure miss the glory days when Hodges was like Barrett. 40 fish days were common in the 70s. A lot of water back then. Good luck to all, be kind and patient, fishing can still be fun with the right attitude and restraint.
Nelson 1
Angler

Post by Nelson 1 »

The fish got flushed out to sea
BassbruiserDylan
Angler

Post by BassbruiserDylan »

bendopolo 44+ wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:55 am Going to be Combat Fishing for a few weeks. The Crappie will be deep now. Quality over quantity is a high probability as all the fish have been forced to live in a smaller area. Big chows on Small. CPR the big Girls to maintain their genetics. Pull out all the Shad sucking Carp you can. More food for the Bass. I sure miss the glory days when Hodges was like Barrett. 40 fish days were common in the 70s. A lot of water back then. Good luck to all, be kind and patient, fishing can still be fun with the right attitude and restraint.
40 fish days are still very possible. 20 fish days are easy tehre right now. Gonna be goooood
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

BassbruiserDylan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:52 pm 40 fish days are still very possible. 20 fish days are easy tehre right now. Gonna be goooood
It might not be that way seeing how much they have raised and lowered the water levels so drastically this past year. That fluctuation of water really puts a strain on those fish. If you have been to Sutherland you can see how tough it has been there and all the water level did was go up. Not to say the two lakes are comparable but the general gist. BUT I hope I am wrong because those bass in Hodges are tough
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Nelson 1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:23 am Mercury is good
I put it in my thermometers.....
Oh Da Shiz
Pro Angler

Post by Oh Da Shiz »

The lake should be open today.... I'm planning to drive down to check it a bit later today to see what's going on, standby
raindo
Angler

Post by raindo »

Oh Da Shiz wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:20 am The lake should be open today.... I'm planning to drive down to check it a bit later today to see what's going on, standby
Thanks a lot G! If we can get some pictures along, you are a hero!
Nelson 1
Angler

Post by Nelson 1 »

They moved a fishing dock to the west side.
Oh Da Shiz
Pro Angler

Post by Oh Da Shiz »

raindo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:44 am Thanks a lot G! If we can get some pictures along, you are a hero!
Here are a couple pics from about 20 min ago. Based on what I saw, there's about 20 kayakers and a few float tubers around and a good amount of shore pounders. I could only imagine what it looked like this morning. Hopefully, someone will post up a fish report soon.

What you can't see in the pic of the peninsula is that there are about 6-8 kayakers around it.
Nelson 1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:37 pm They moved a fishing dock to the west side.
Yes, there is a fishing pier that was moved to the west side of the lake just before Hernandez.
Attachments
Hodges Launch Ramp.jpg
Hodges.jpg
858NOVICE
Angler

Post by 858NOVICE »

Quick late afternoon session from in the tube was very surprised by the amount of people remaining till closing. The water was hovering 69 degrees through out all levels. The water went from 5' to 15' in the center of the pond. The water was a coffee/chocolate in color and about 1' to 2' in clarity. The bass were on the shad pushing them against the shore. Picked up a few on various baits but most of all were clones with some fatties in between. The ramp was very congested with vehicles unloading and loading gear through out the evening. I hope this helps a bit but I can only imagine the what this weekend will bring tight lines....
"There is no substitute for time on the water"
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

Do they have boat rentals at Hodges?