San V 5-27

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Oh Da Shiz
Pro Angler

San V 5-27

Post by Oh Da Shiz »

I was finally able to get out on the boat after a couple month hiatus, so I decided to go to San V. I was surprised to pull up at 5:45 and only see about 11 trailers in the parking lot on Memorial Day weekend.

As I was prepping the boat to launch (cleaning all the cob webs off), I got a chance to meet Andre in person after seeing all his post on IG about his guiding business. We chatted for a bit and it was awesome of him to share a little insight of how the lake has been fishing. We proceeded to launch shortly there after.

I ran into Toll Road as this seems to be my go to area to fish. Water temps were 70 to 72 and there's a lot of brush piles to fish. I tried to fish top water and reaction baits for nada. I then went to what Andre mentioned and proceed to put 2 lbs clone after clone into the boat. Andre puts the time in on the water guiding and I feel that it's not my bite to share, sorry.

As it was getting closer to 11, I decided to get off the water as it seemed like the wake/ski boat crowd was showing up in waves.

Man it was great being on the water and I've gotta make it a priority to get out more frequently like I used to.
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Re: San V 5-27

Post by otaymichael »

Glad you got on them, heard it's been fishing well.
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

@Oh Da Shiz that's awesome!
My son and I were there yesterday and got completely skunked. We were throwing all kinds of topwater then switched to dropshot and then to ned rigs and nothing. Not a single bite in 3.5 hours. It sucked but at least we've had some good father-son time on the water :)
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

So great to see you back on the water again.
Father and son time fishing together always is special. I can still think of all the times my father
took me fishing and great memories we shared together. Anyway best wishes and tight lines always. :-)
<º)))><.. <º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

VinnyBass wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:02 pm So great to see you back on the water again.
Father and son time fishing together always is special. I can still think of all the times my father
took me fishing and great memories we shared together. Anyway best wishes and tight lines always. :-)
He started liking it too, I'm surprised! :D
Too bad the San V fishes didn't want to do anything with us. Oh well..
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Dima wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:12 am @Oh Da Shiz that's awesome!
My son and I were there yesterday and got completely skunked. We were throwing all kinds of topwater then switched to dropshot and then to ned rigs and nothing. Not a single bite in 3.5 hours. It sucked but at least we've had some good father-son time on the water :)
Hey Dima I’m curious…I was out at Otay yesterday taking a similar whuppin and was wondering what A. The weather there was like and B. The crowd? It was almost raining and cold at Otay not helping things and I steered clear of the V thinking the ski/wakeboard crowd might be ugly. Thanks!
BassbruiserDylan
Angler

Post by BassbruiserDylan »

I was at V on Saturday with pops from 7 till 11:30. We got 6 total. From 1lb -2.25lbs. Caught em with spooks, brush hog, thin senko and coolbaits, and had 4 frog blowups but not a single one stuck :( . It’s fishing a little weird right now. Seeing a few schooling fish. But not as many shallow as I thought, or they are all just tiny.
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

JWall wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:34 pm
Dima wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:12 am @Oh Da Shiz that's awesome!
Hey Dima I’m curious…I was out at Otay yesterday taking a similar whuppin and was wondering what A. The weather there was like and B. The crowd? It was almost raining and cold at Otay not helping things and I steered clear of the V thinking the ski/wakeboard crowd might be ugly. Thanks!
@JWall
We got there just before 3pm and it was pretty chilly, cloudy but calm. It's started to drizzle by 5pm, then cleared up by 5:30. There was literally 2 or 3 fishing boats on the whole lake, really quiet and peaceful, no ski boats at all.
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

BassbruiserDylan wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:39 pm I was at V on Saturday with pops from 7 till 11:30. We got 6 total. From 1lb -2.25lbs. Caught em with spooks, brush hog, thin senko and coolbaits, and had 4 frog blowups but not a single one stuck :( . It’s fishing a little weird right now. Seeing a few schooling fish. But not as many shallow as I thought, or they are all just tiny.
@BassbruiserDylan
That's nice at least you guys got some action out there! I think the weather is affecting the bite quite a bit. Just like @VinnyBass said it's probably going to pick up once we see some warmer temps and less overcast.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

The San V fish have bailed on the shallows, try dropshotting off boulders in 15'-25'...they are out there! There are mostly small fish in the shallows left over from the spawn, better fish offshore! The busting schools really haven't got going yet..the silversides must still be deep!
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

Mcfish wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:12 pm The San V fish have bailed on the shallows, try dropshotting off boulders in 15'-25'...they are out there! There are mostly small fish in the shallows left over from the spawn, better fish offshore! The busting schools really haven't got going yet..the silversides must still be deep!
Thanks @Mcfish! We gonna have to try that next week 👍