Hooky report

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Fisherdan760
Angler

Hooky report

Post by Fisherdan760 »

I had a last minute cancellation and was not having success finding a replacement. Therefore I decided a day at Barrett would be far more beneficial than the final two weeks of school "health section" in Science class for my son.

We arrived around 5 and once I woke my son up we loaded up and were off to Hauser.

I was hoping to find a great topwater bite for him but unfortunately the fish had a few different ideas. We did get a handful on Super Spooks and whopper ploppers. His first whopper plopper fish ever landed. We fished around and explored all over the lake. As everyone has mentioned it is a whole new place from the last few years. We caught fish everywhere we went with none being noteworthy.

We probably had the most fun with 4lb test and beetle spins.

We needed to be back home before 3:30 so we headed toward the dock around 1 PM. While I started packing things up I told him to fish around with the beetle spin. Sure enough they were ready to play. He immediately started catching crappie and added a few bass along the way. As I was walking back onto the dock for the last load of stuff my son had a funny look on his face so I asked him if he had just caught another nice one...he sheepishly grinned and looked down to where I could see water dripping from his entire outfit. In his excited state of catching fish on every other drop he had walked backwards off the dock :grin: :grin: Nothing was lost and we had something to remember and laugh about.

Although the fishing was mediocre by Barrett standards it was a GREAT day!
20230524_054956.jpg
20230524_055621.jpg
20230524_073413.jpg
20230524_124230.jpg
20230524_125748.jpg
20230524_131111.jpg
BigTahuna
Angler

Re: Hooky report

Post by BigTahuna »

Looks Fun! Thanks for report
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

Awesome father/son day!! 👏
MaxZmus
Pro Angler

Post by MaxZmus »

:grin: Thanks for the report! Bonus points for pulling your boy out of school to fish! I wish my dad would’ve done that for me growing up.
Pablosparky
Angler

Post by Pablosparky »

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to my one adventure with my son.. 😁