Barrett report 5/13

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
basssnifer951
Angler

Barrett report 5/13

Post by basssnifer951 »

Got skunked at Barrett… just kidding haha. I ended up with 8 in the boat. Lost a bunch close to the boat. Between me and 2 buddies that went, we ended up with 35. One buddy caught 7 slabs of crappies on a fly setup with dragon flies. In the morning, the jerk bait bite was good. I caught a few on a small underspin, and a few on a t-rigged roboworm. We stayed till we were kicked off the lake around 7. Caught a few on top water walking baits in the evening. Most bass were under 2, best being 2.5lbs. We ventured all the way to the end of Hauser, pretty skinny water in some spots. I caught my biggest fish all the way at the end of hauser under a crust on the water. I had to make an opening with my oar to get my roboworm through. we got there at 2am and one of the first few on the water. The wind picked up and was pretty strong in the early afternoon. All in all it was a good day on the water at Barrett.
Bg90
Angler

Re: Barrett report 5/13

Post by Bg90 »

What time did the wind die down?
basssnifer951
Angler

Re: Barrett report 5/13

Post by basssnifer951 »

The wind never died down, it was whipping. We barely made it back to pigs. It just kept getting more windy.