Cap 5/12 - quick shore trip

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Cap 5/12 - quick shore trip

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

Made a quick trip down to El Cap yesterday after work - arrived about 3:30pm to howling wind and whitecaps that made casting a challenge. Water level is down several feet from my last visit and the dried out slime from all the moss is covering the first few feet of bank.

I went the whole session without a single bite, until about 6:45PM the Ranger called down that the lake was closing in 30 minutes. I turned around to wave and acknowledge the Ranger and.. promptly got bit! Added another Senko fish two casts later called it a day. Seems to me like the ranger was closing up early, there was still plenty of daylight left when I drove out, but the same lady has let me in early more than once so I’ll not complain.

2 for about 2lbs and 23” in 3.5 hours. Not a bad way to kick off the weekend. Forgive the lack of pics - actually left my phone in the car and since there’s no cell service at Cap anyway I just left it there.

Tight lines all!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Re: Cap 5/12 - quick shore trip

Post by VinnyBass »

Sometimes it’s fun just to hit a lake like that for a few hours. I used to do that years ago. I’ll drive out to El Cap after work and just fish from the shore to the right of the boat dock. Catch a few bass, then afterwards stop by the Taco shop to grab a bite to eat, and head home. It was a long time ago but always was fun… especially in the summer where I could throw some top water and reaction baits…. and the bass seemed to cooperate a lot better back then. :-)
Thanks for sharing and tight lines always
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Cap 5/12 - quick shore trip

Post by Stringbean »

Memories fishing are priceless,
Stay after them , things change fast. Next trip its winner winner chicken dinner.
Vinny , always finds the positive of a trip, we always keep learning.
I like the taco theme .

Tight lines
Put’em in the cooler!!!!