Barrett report May 7th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report May 7th

Post by Early release »

Hi all,

Had a great day at Barrett. Water is only 65, I don't know why it expected it to be warmer. Speaking of temperature, at 0430 it was 36 degrees F in the air. That makes you wide awake even if you weren't while in your warm vehicle.

Almost 30 total fish today. Mostly on an underspin jig with different color bodies, never found a favorite. Double bladed bluegill spinnerbait got several also. Dropshot brought only one taker. Nothing on topwaters, but it seems like the fish are close to shore. But that shore is a whole new lake from last year. My guess is the lake is close to 25 to 30 feet higher than it was last September. As others have said the water is almost up to the bathroom at Pigs. Got two Crappies that were slabs. Bass were mostly clones with a couple standout fish. I only fished Pine Creek Arm and Wilson Creek. I left a little after 1200.

Also caught what seems like a tagged fish. See photos. If someone knows who wants info on those fish, please let me know, I noted his details.
thumbnail_IMG_9232.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9237.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9234.jpg
[attachment=3]
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_9238.jpg
Seaway
Angler

Re: Barrett report May 7th

Post by Seaway »

Thanks for the report!
Radar135
Angler

Post by Radar135 »

Thanks headed there Wednesday hoping for a jig bite
muitobas
Angler

Post by muitobas »

Thanks for the report! That bass was probably tagged as part of CDFW’s SHARE program last year. I know they had a couple days tagging bass out there.

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting/SHARE#51518734-fishing

The contact info about the fisheries side of that program is in the link, I’m sure they’d be interested in getting the info from that tag.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

I followed the link, it looks like they want the tag, I didn't remove it, but I'll send them the info. Thanks for posting that link. Here's where you find the form https://wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/Inland/Fish-Tags
Delgado
Angler

Post by Delgado »

Thx Seaway- just read your post from May 7th
and wanted to tag onto your Pinecreek/arm experience
for Wednesday May 10th!
Good work with the spinners because I couldn’t attract anything!
Overcast and cold throughout the day, making the water temperature seem warmer than your report 🧐
The lake is way way full hinting a spillway splash in the near term 😳
The other fishing parties were spread thin over the much longer shorelines so everyone could pick their spots or drift and have a good time 👍
Caught all 7 on top water Sammy right side 2nd cove of Pine arm but only one fought hard while the rest seemed sluggish 🤔
Clear water with new fluorescent green moss growing on still green underbrush/Trees et. all.
Shad boiling was seen most spots except where the water falls came in. No action back there.🧐
That’s my add-on for you early birds at Pinecreek
Enjoy when out there—- It’s Barrett
Attachments
IMG_5518.jpeg