Loveland ! ( video) Bass!

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
BassHound905
Angler

Loveland ! ( video) Bass!

Post by BassHound905 »

No, the major draw down a few years back didn't kill all the bass. A few weeks back, I had an incredible day but didn't have my gear with me to record it. So we headed back today and it was slower but still managed a few. Lake is as full as I have ever seen and still rising. Great place to take the kiddos as the Bluegill are plentiful on the bank. Didn't throw and topwater but that bite should be kicking in soon. Lake is also beginning to show lots of algae. Bass are all short and fat.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Re: Loveland ! ( video) Bass!

Post by camobass »

Nice release….NOT
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Loveland used to have a 3 strikes rule back in the day. You broke 3 in one trip: wading, throwing a bass 20 feet through the air into the water and bringing a go pro down there.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

camobass wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:58 pm Nice release….NOT
They are footballs. You throw footballs. That was the bomb..... :-D

Good to see the lake so full. Thanks for sharing.
BassHound905
Angler

Post by BassHound905 »

camobass wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:13 pm Loveland used to have a 3 strikes rule back in the day. You broke 3 in one trip: wading, throwing a bass 20 feet through the air into the water and bringing a go pro down there.
1st off, I had to wade in to untangle that fish.2nd, I was standing on a huge rock face when I tossed him back,3rd....you take only pictures or video..beats the hell out of leaving behind trash for others to pick up( which I did).Take care.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Cool. I’m all for harvest etc but that’s just disrespectful. If that how you like to treat a resource and one that’s been through the ringer, good for you man.

(Responding to killing time)
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

I must have missed it in your vid basshound where you pulled the fish 20 foot through the air when landing it before you through it back in.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Rob, I enjoy your bass fishing videos that you have shared with us. You have gone on lots of bass fishing adventures and
they are more exciting to watch than to just read about. Hope life is treating you well after the work place we both worked
at. I am loving retired life. On this one, I tend to agree with @camobass that even I felt a little uneasy on that bass release back to the water.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

camobass wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:09 pm Cool. I’m all for harvest etc but that’s just disrespectful. If that how you like to treat a resource and one that’s been through the ringer, good for you man.

(Responding to killing time)
Responing to KillingTime? How do you know how I treat my resource ? Are you assuming? I may not agree with how BassHound treats his catch, but that does not mean I can't joke about it.

This is how I treat my "Resource "
Attachments
Tuna .jpg
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Thanks for the update. ❤️👍👍
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

It’s all good. Honestly the wading and go pro was a joke. I’d be lying if I didn’t swim more than once for something in that lake. The release was rough.

Take it easy killing time, all I had to “know” you by was your response to this post. “Agreeing” with that “toss” wasn’t funny in the context of that vid and lake after all the crap it went through. Seen way too much stuff in my time especially at that lake. If no one knew you and saw that response by itself with the topic, they would assume you would disrespect THAT resource the same way. It’s also a little more personal because it’s my home lake and I’ve seen countless bs down there. No hard feelings.

PS. You may want to try bleeding those fish out while they are still pumping before you cut them. -im in no way telling you what to do, just a suggestion.
BassHound905
Angler

Post by BassHound905 »

Ok guys...here is the deal. You right, Even though it looks worse than it was, I should have taken the time to release the fish better than the way I tossed it back and take responsibility for that. I have been bass fishing for many years and have nothing but respect for the resource.honestly, I guess I just wasn't thinking. I dud wade in to get the hooked fish in tangled, yes...better than leaving it to die wrapped around a tree along with my terminal tackle. I fished club tournaments for years and understand the importance of a good release and care for the fish. If you believe that this one error on my part means I lack any character, well that is your issue. I have made many different clips involving fishing for my channel over the years even though it us mostly dedicated to travel. Along the way I have developed friendships with fellow creator's as well as other anglers. If you don't like it, don't watch. Thanks for pointing out what I did and rest assured that I will take better care in the future and that this is not an indication of my overall respect for the resource. Tight lines everyone.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

camobass wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:22 pm It’s all good. Honestly the wading and go pro was a joke. I’d be lying if I didn’t swim more than once for something in that lake. The release was rough.

Take it easy killing time, all I had to “know” you by was your response to this post. “Agreeing” with that “toss” wasn’t funny in the context of that vid and lake after all the crap it went through. Seen way too much stuff in my time especially at that lake. If no one knew you and saw that response by itself with the topic, they would assume you would disrespect THAT resource the same way. It’s also a little more personal because it’s my home lake and I’ve seen countless bs down there. No hard feelings.

PS. You may want to try bleeding those fish out while they are still pumping before you cut them. -im in no way telling you what to do, just a suggestion.
I was laughing at the fact that BassHound called them footballs and then tossed the fish that far.

I remember back around 1994 when I purchased my first Don Iovino splash it that was still $15 way back then. I hung it up on a tree about 30 or 40 feet from shore. There was no way I was going to loose my new Japanese Lure. So I had my buddy hold my rod and I went swimming.

I agree totally on the bleeding of the fish. I now use the 5 gallon buck technic if the tunas, dorados and yellows are small enough to fit. These big Bluefin we are see now are getting bled in the kill box. I did not think you were telling me what to do. We need to care for a catch and get the most yield. Keeping them iced is key too. We are all on here to learn from each other. A little ball busting never hurt anyone ether.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

I had to find two more strikes and the go pro and wading was a joke. Internet humor rarely comes across correctly obviously… although I was bothered by what I saw. I only said something because that’s my home lake I’ve been fishing it for over 35 years and my uncle used to be the dam keeper there back in the 70’s. There’s a lot of major crap that goes on down there. In all honesty, there’s no rules how to throw fish back so anyone can do what ever they want also there are no rules on blowing a lake up, it’s just the etiquette and especially with audiences and youth, we have to pass it on. I also wouldn’t care as much on other lakes because they are over populated with bass, Loveland is in recovery mode right now. The worst thing that happens down there is people take so long to get a hook out, then take several pictures then re take and finally release the fish. There has been a lot of floaters down there recently. People trash that place, leave countless yards of discarded line on the ground, trash bottles, cigarette buts (major fire concern out here) it’s just sad. During covid, people were swimming down there, running RC cars, breaking bottles all kinds of crap. Loveland is one of the few treasures that exist out here anymore.
Stoked you grabbed trash and again, I’ve treaded that water down there there countless times on purpose and on accident.
I’m sure anyone on here, if saw something on their home lake that bothered them, they would say something.

Rant over and everything is all good…FISH ON
Cocoloco1
Angler

Post by Cocoloco1 »

Camo, your uncle used to chase me and my buddy down there all the time in the 70s. We used to walk down bitch hill from his house on the jamul side. Loveland is where I learned to fish. I also became friends with the sheriff who flew the Astoria chopper. Small world.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Correct, If you are having difficulties getting a hook out of your fish or taking a long time on photos......... Please Dip you fish back into the water every 30 seconds or so to keep them wet!!!

I have to say that no matter how far BassHound chucked his fish, he still treated them better that the Sweetwater Authority, They just drain the lake with out regards for life. I know there had to a a small pool with some life left in it, but it was still very disrespectful.
Last edited by KillinTime on Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StinkyPinky23
Mega Pro Angler

Post by StinkyPinky23 »

Finally, a bitch hill reference!!! After years of starting in the legal cove then poaching the back, a high school buddy says “let’s go to Loveland. Heck yeah! So we’re driving into Jamul and I’m like WTF are you going?! The lake is in alpine?!?! We parked and walked down that bitch!! I out fished him 11-1. Every time I caught a fish I walked to where he could see me, and tossed it back. After 6-7 fish here he comes around the point to find out how he can catch em too 🤣
Last edited by StinkyPinky23 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Cocoloco1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:47 pm Camo, your uncle used to chase me and my buddy down there all the time in the 70s. We used to walk down bitch hill from his house on the jamul side. Loveland is where I learned to fish. I also became friends with the sheriff who flew the Astoria chopper. Small world.
That might have been the other guy who used to slash tires and rip distributor caps off if a car was stopped on the side of the road. My uncle wasn’t like that. He may have been working there before that guy.i honestly don’t know the exact years, it could have even been mid to late 60’s. I wasn’t born yet. All I know is my dad and brothers along with my uncle got to fish the lake in an aluminum boat back in the day. My uncle’s name was Grover.
Cocoloco1
Angler

Post by Cocoloco1 »

We never parked around the lake so no worries there. I remember though one time we were fishing the slide rock area and he came screaming around the corner shooting a22.
We ran like crazy, hid in the trees until he left. Damkeeper and his buddies were laughing like hell as they were leaving. Kinda funny looking back on it.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Yeah, that dude was gnarly!