Bass Boat Restoration and Repair!

For boat owners and prospective buyers to talk about owning and operating boats, as well as maintaining, repairing and rigging them. Also a place to discuss fishing boat makes and models.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Bass Boat Restoration and Repair!

Post by JWall »

Hey SD Fishers…need to give a big shout out to Kevin at KMG Boats in Lakeside. Got a referral to take my boat there after I nearly burned it up…see previous post…but I just took delivery and it looks better than new! Check out some progress pics, and the finished product. Amazing work Kevin and staff! 👍👏❤️
Attachments
IMG_3485.jpeg
IMG_3487.jpeg
IMG_3515.jpeg
IMG_3516.jpeg
IMG_3517.jpeg
IMG_3518.jpeg
crawdadguy
Angler

Re: Bass Boat Restoration and Repair!

Post by crawdadguy »

looks sweet! they did a great job
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Just curious, did you see what the cost was parts and labor? I know sometimes insurance jobs can be different than a normal pay job but just wondering as I need some carpet and don’t have the time to attempt myself.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

camobass wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:54 pm Just curious, did you see what the cost was parts and labor? I know sometimes insurance jobs can be different than a normal pay job but just wondering as I need some carpet and don’t have the time to attempt myself.
Hey Camo, sorry for the late post. The materials (mostly carpet but some paint) were only about 15% of the invoice. It was a very labor intensive job with 55 man hours. They had lots of hatches to remove, carpet individually, then put back in addition to the main deck. Bass boats are kinda unique in that regard. I did wonder if a normal pay job might have cost different as they came in right at the insurance approval but I have zero qualms with my finished job. I’ve had a fishing day already and everything they took off, including trolling motor, hatches, wiring/electrical, and chairs work perfect. Go see Kevin and let him know I sent you.